YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
• WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
• Forbes® 2021 The Best Employers for New Grads
• Forbes® America's Best Employers
• Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
• 2021 People Companies that Care
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
To organize, facilitate, and coordinate project initiatives from inception through implementation, under the direction, guidance, and mentorship of Project/Program Manager or management. Provide life cycle, day-to-day support to multiple projects and programs of small to medium scope and impact. Demonstrate familiarity with the business unit’s activities, processes, products or services. Monitor project/program to ensure adherence to respective methodology. Maintain effective relationships with internal business partners. Produce routine reports.
• Serve on teams and task groups for projects/initiatives within the business unit &/or across the organization
• Determine project requirements
• Prepare project plans, proposals, schedules, budgets, communications and staffing requirements
• Assign responsibilities/tasks to project team members based on priority, staff availability, and resources
• Monitor and maintain project/program schedule, documentation, progress and change requests and provide weekly status updates
• Escalate project issues to Project Manager and/or management for resolution
• Identify and track cross project dependencies and impacts; communicate issues and provide solutions
• Organize and attend meetings and distribute minutes to project team members
• Collaborate with various levels of staff to accomplish tasks/assignmentsn
• Identify and recommend process improvements to Project Manager, team, and/or management
• Perform other related duties as assigned
Qualifications: – All required unless otherwise noted
• Familiarity with project/program management processes and methodologies
• Exposure to working and participating in cross-functional, multi-dimensional teams and projects
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with a high degree of accuracy
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Basic research, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Effective skill exercising initiative and using good judgment to make sound decisions
• Effective organizational, planning and time management skills
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Exposure to working with diverse internal and external contacts
• Ability to compile, organize and present information clearly and concisely
• Effective skill interpreting, applying and explaining written and oral regulations, instructions, products and procedures in English
• Effective in the use of PCs and related software packages
• Desired – Working knowledge of Navy Federal products, services, programs, policies and procedures
• Desired – Bachelor’s degree, training and/or previous job experience in a related field
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish pay ranges that enable us to remain competitive. You are paid within the pay range, based on your experience, location, and market position.
The pay range for this position is: $23.00 - $35.50
Hours: Monday - Friday; 8:00AM - 4:30PM
Location: Greater Pensacola Operations - 5550 Heritage Oaks Drive Pensacola, FL 32526
Headquarters - 820 Follin Lane Vienna, Virginia 22180
**Navy Federal is now hybrid! Our standard enterprise requirement for a hybrid schedule is to report onsite 4-16 days each month. The number of days reporting onsite will ultimately be determined by the employee's leadership and business unit needs. You will learn more throughout the hiring and onboarding process**
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
As a COVID-19 safety measure, our employees must either provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or follow additional safety protocols, including testing.
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.