YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
• WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
• Forbes® 2021 The Best Employers for New Grads
• Forbes® America's Best Employers
• Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
• 2021 People Companies that Care
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
As a key member of the Enterprise Data and Information Management team the Manager of Operational Data Hubs and Platforms will lead the design, development and implementation of the foundational Data Hub and Data Virtualization technology and will oversee the development of operational data hubs data models, data engineering pipeline capabilities to help Navy Federal build a highly scalable data platform. Working in partnership with business stakeholders, IT delivery teams and strategic vendors, the incumbent will create a compelling vision for Data Virtualization and Real-Time Data Integration capabilities across NFCU and will build a catalog of operational data services to scale across the enterprise.
The incumbent will serve as provider and subject matter expert (SME) for delivering Operational Data services to the organization and owns technology road map. He/She will provide forward-looking, industry perspective and is responsible for the full lifecycle process of the service including definition, execution, and governance. The incumbent will develop and implement resource strategy for the respective service, operates with no supervision and act a mentor to other Service Managers. Provides in-depth market assessment of potential vendors and partners.
The incumbent will develop strategies and technical solutions for data acquisition, data integration, and data sharing with Navy Federal’s Omni-Channel, digital platforms in Near Real-Time and batch. Responsible for engineering, designing, building, integrating data from various batch, streaming, edge applications into high performing operational Hubs.
• Lead the design and build highly scalable data pipelines for real-time, near real-time and batch data ingestion, processing, and data integration
• Coordinate with a group of System Integrators, Enterprise, and Solution architects, and create a strategy, solution for streaming and event driven data processing
• Manage/own Change Data Capture (CDC) tools and technologies across a wide variety of sources including VSAM data sets, RDBMS, and managed messaging services
• Technical leadership and knowledge to provide technical guidance and educate team members and coworkers on development and operations of streaming and event driven applications
• Be a hands-on mentor and advocate to ensure successful adoption of new tools, processes, and best practices across the organization
• Build and maintain relationships with team members, management, key stakeholders and/or external contacts (vendors, etc.)
• Ensure effective and efficient allocation of staff resources
• Build organizational capability by strengthening and adding new capabilities, technical skills, and competencies, and eliminates low-value activity with view to long range goals
• Recognize potential issues and risks during the project implementation and suggest mitigation strategies
• Act as a key point of contact between the API teams and the project/functional leads
• Work directly with business leadership to understand data requirements; propose and develop solutions that enable effective decision-making and drives business objectives
• Prepare advanced project implementation plans which highlight major milestones and deliverables, leveraging standard methods and work planning tools
• Demonstrates change management and excellent communication skills
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Master’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Demonstrated experience in defining and implementing data virtualization and data modernization programs in the Financial Services sector
• Demonstrated experience in defining and implementing real-time and near real-time data streaming and integration services
• Demonstrated experience in implementing high performance modern database platforms including NoSQL, Columnar Storage, Graph, Cloud, Relational (Cosmos DB, Mongo DB preferred)
• Proven experience in implementing complex data sourcing solutions from mainframe banking/financial services systems and platforms (FIS Systematics)
• Demonstrated ability to evaluate the performance and trends of assigned services to customers, including defined KPIs and SLAs and ensures service levels are achieved in line with SLAs and SLOs
• Working knowledge of commercial banking and lending systems and related third party data services
• Working knowledge of data architecture and data modeling design approaches for implementation of advanced operational data management platforms
• Working knowledge of message-oriented middleware/streaming data technologies such as Kafka/NiFi, MQ, Azure Event Hub
• Experience in configuring, designing, developing, and operationalizing at least one or more Change Data Capture (CDC) solutions (such as Precisely Connect CDC, Confluent, Qlik/Atunity)
• Ability to architect layered and complex near real-time and event driven systems with an emphasis on micro services, and scalability
• Experience in handling large amounts of data in a scalable fashion across multiple regions, geographies to ensure fault tolerance and geo redundancy
• Experience with IBM MQ, JMS messaging architectures
• Working knowledge of Azure Cloud technologies including Event Hub, Event Grid, Stream Analytics, logic/function apps and JSON data architecture
• Deep knowledge of and experience scaling one or more of the popular data streaming and processing technologies like Kafka, Spark, Spark Streaming, etc.
• Demonstrated experience in attracting, recruiting, and retaining top tier data engineering talent
• Strong communications skills and demonstrated experience in working with all levels of staff, management, stakeholders, vendors
• Experience in leading, guiding and coaching professional staff
• Experience in resource allocation and management
• Experience in managing multi-million budget and forecasting
• Experience in developing employee performance objectives and conducting performance reviews
Desired Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Knowledge of Navy Federal Credit Union instructions, standards, and procedures
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180
*Navy Federal is now hybrid! Our standard enterprise requirement for a hybrid schedule is to report onsite 4-16 days each month. The number of days reporting onsite will ultimately be determined by the employee's leadership and business unit needs. You will learn more throughout the hiring and onboarding process.
Salary: The salary range for this position is: $134,300 to $187,900 Annual
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
As a COVID-19 safety measure, our employees must either provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or follow additional safety protocols, including testing.
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
This position is eligible for the TalentQuest employee referral program. If an employee referred you for this job, please apply using the system-generated link that was sent to you.