YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
• WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
• Forbes® 2021 The Best Employers for New Grads
• Forbes® America's Best Employers
• Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
• 2021 People Companies that Care
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
DoD SkillBridge is an excellent opportunity as you transition out of the military and permits you to use up to the last 180 days of Service to work and learn with an industry partner. SkillBridge offers eligible Service Members currently approved to participate in the SkillBridge program the opportunity to gain first-hand experience and insight into Navy Federal’s business, technology, resources and procedures by providing support in focused areas, applying knowledge and education.
Your service attitude culminated by your military experience directly correlates to our Member Service Representatives where they are an integral part of supporting our mission. They are passionate about educating our service members and their families to help them achieve their financial goals. Within our Branch Operations Department you’ll gain exposure to many facets of the credit union, learning aspects of mortgage, budgeting, investments, and fraud, among many others. Every day brings new and exciting challenges, so if you are tired of the mundane then this is for you!
To provide members and prospective members the full range of products and services offered by Navy Federal Credit Union including depository accounts such as checking, savings, certificate IRA, revocable trust and estate accounts; Lending products; and credit/debit cards. To perform moderately complex platform banking functions under supervision. Provide assistance/training to lower level team members.
• Analyze, research and resolve problems and discrepancies related to member accounts/loans
• Assist members with submitting consumer/mortgage/equity loan, overdraft protection and credit card
• Counsel current and prospective members about Navy Federal's products and services
• Ensure cash and other negotiable instruments are handled properly
• Identify opportunities to cross service products and increase product penetration
• Perform platform banking functions
• Assist level I team members
• Understand and comply with federal and other regulations relating to financial products and services
• May assist with Branch Office vault opening, closing and balancing procedures
• May serve as a Branch Office and/or ATM vault custodian
• Perform other duties as assigned
• May be required to participate and complete specialized training (in Business Services, IRA, MLO, notary,
etc.), per business need
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Working knowledge of savings and checking products, accounts and services
• Effective active listening skills to accurately respond to inquiries and account requests
• Effective organizational, planning and time management skills
• Effective research, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Effective skill building effective relationships through rapport, trust, diplomacy and tact
• Effective skill exercising initiative and using good judgment to make sound decisions
• Effective skill maintaining composure in a high production and changing environment
• Effective skill navigating multiple screens and PC applications and adapting to new technologies
• Effective skill performing mathematical calculations and working accurately with numbers
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Desired - Experience in member/customer service preferably in a call center, retail banking or financial
• Desired - Experience in working in a credit union environment
Locations: Scott AFB, Tinker AFB
Hours: To be Determined
Salary Range: $17.50 - $25.50 hourly (Potential salary if hired by Navy Federal as a full-time employee: SkillBridge participants are not eligible for compensation from Navy Federal, as they continue to receive military compensation and benefits as active-duty service members.)
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. Within this range, pay will be determined based on factors such as individual qualifications, location, and market position.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
As a COVID-19 safety measure, our employees must either provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or follow additional safety protocols, including testing.
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.