YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
• WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
• Forbes® 2021 The Best Employers for New Grads
• Forbes® America's Best Employers
• Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
• 2021 People Companies that Care
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
To serve as provider and subject matter expert (SME) for the Production Control Team and delivering services to the organization. To develop and implement resource strategy for the respective service. Responsible for the full lifecycle process of the service including definition, execution, and governance. Oversee services with high complexity with low to medium maturity. Work is performed under general direction.
• Leverage standard templates, tools and organizational strategy to define ISD services and ensure practices and processes are standardized
• Guide and analyze benchmarking, trend analysis and other input to drive continuous improvement and elevate service performance
• Coordinates the development of new or modifications to existing JCL in all Production and Test environments to enable customer delivery systems to run on the mainframe
• Updates and maintains online program documentation as well as system processing flowcharts
• Oversees the development of new schedules and testing of modified schedules to satisfy customer requirements
• Adjusts schedules to ensure other customer delivery systems execute in a timely manner and recommends changes to prevent future reoccurrences
• Interact with the customers to identify and document changes in requirements including scheduling criteria
• Ensure timely processing of customer’s Service Manager tickets
• Mentor others within the organization on the production schedules
• Drive industry standard on continuous process improvements
• Contribute to a culture of collaboration by actively working across business lines, communicating knowledge and business processes to other business units
• Provide constructive and actionable feedback to resources (e.g. Resource Managers, Vendor Managers, etc.) to ensure expected performance and that service level agreements are met
• Ensure compliance with Navy Federal’s ISD standards, practices and processes
• Provide forward thinking technical expertise in current and emerging technologies, trends and practices
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Significant experience in managing an IT operation, preferably at a large financial services organization
• Significant experience in software development in mainframe (e.g., ESP, CICS, JCL, DB2, VSAM, etc.)
• Advanced knowledge of nightly batch process
• Significant experience in creating system architecture diagrams and documentation for review by both technical and non-technical audiences
• Significant experience performing data analysis
• Expert analytical, organizational, decision-making skills, diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills on highly complex problems
• Advanced skill identifying and analyzing business requirements and recommending solutions
• Advanced skill leading, guiding, mentoring, and influencing design and architectural discussions
• Significant experience in managing multiple priorities independently and/or in a team environment to achieve goals
• Expert verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
• Advanced research, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Advanced skill producing desired results and achieving goals and objectives
• Significant experience in working with all levels of staff, management, stakeholders, vendors, etc.
• Advanced skill to influence, negotiate and persuade to reach agreeable exchange and positive outcomes
• Advanced skill demonstrating thought leadership, initiative-taking, decision making and creatively solving business problems
• Advanced skill exercising initiative and using good judgement to make sound decisions
• Expert skill presenting findings, conclusions, alternatives and information clearly and concisely
• Expert relationship building, negotiation and facilitation skills
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
• Advanced knowledge of Navy Federal functions, philosophy, operations and organizational objectives
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 4:30PM
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna VA 22180 | 5550 Heritage Oaks Dr Pensacola, FL 32526 | 141 Security Dr. Winchester, VA 22602 | Remote
Salary: $116,800 - $163,500
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position.
*Navy Federal is now hybrid! Our standard enterprise requirement for a hybrid schedule is to report onsite 4-16 days each month. The number of days reporting onsite will ultimately be determined by the employee's leadership and business unit needs. You will learn more throughout the hiring and onboarding process.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
As a COVID-19 safety measure, our employees must either provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or follow additional safety protocols, including testing.
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.