YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
• FORTUNE® Best Workplaces for Millennials
• Forbes® America’s Best Employers
About Navy Federal:
Selected as one of FORTUNE magazine's 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2021. Navy Federal Credit Union (NFCU) is the world’s largest credit union with over 10.6 million members, over $148 billion in assets, over 346 branches around the world and a workforce of over 22,800. Navy Federal’s field of membership is all active duty and retired Department of Defense personnel (Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force and Reservists), Veterans, Department of Defense contractors, and their family members. Navy Federal Headquarters is located in Vienna, VA. There are also campuses in Pensacola, FL and Winchester, VA.
For more information, view the links on the “About Us” page: https://www.navyfederal.org/about/about.php
The Open Banking team, which sits within Navy Federal’s Digital organization, is focused on delivering exceptional digital experiences fueled by Open Banking data and capabilities. As an emerging technology in the financial services space, Open Banking has the potential to disrupt and fundamentally alter the established banking model by allowing consumers to share their financial data securely and seamlessly with third parties through APIs.
Navy Federal’s Open Banking team aims to harness the power and potential of financial data sharing to improve a wide array of member experiences, ranging from budgeting and fraud prevention to lending and payments. The team is responsible for developing and executing Navy Federal’s Open Banking strategy, managing the product roadmap for Navy Federal’s Open Banking API platform, cultivating strategic partnerships with Fintechs, and delivering unique and differentiated digital experiences for our members.
• Analyze and synthesize internal and external insights and marketplace trends; focus on creating value for members
• Perform advanced market analysis across the financial landscape including emerging trends in member needs to identify challenges and opportunities
• Analyze product usage and other empirical data and how that relates to key member needs to make recommendations regarding product prioritization
• Participate in cross-functional team initiatives, apply Agile/Lean principles to recommend continuous and incremental improvements to the product and product team
• Package strategic and analytical insights into clear, concise and “executive-ready” presentations
• Conducting an analysis of threats and opportunities to Navy Federal posed by partners, competitors, and Fintechs in the open banking space
• Developing an actionable strategic framework for identifying and engaging fintech partners
• Conducting a what-if analysis and recommended action plan in the event of federal regulation specific to the US open banking ecosystem
• Conducting a deep-dive of specific open banking use cases, providing insights around in-market capabilities, success metrics, and recommended prioritization for Navy Federal
Skills & Experience:
• Advanced analytical and research skills
• Experience with data-driven strategy creation and decision-making
• Experience with and knowledge of analytics, user experience design, and business impact analysis
• Experience in developing and assessing business or technology strategy
• Effective skill delivering presentations to groups of various sizes
• Experience analyzing user experience and cost to size impact and opportunities
• Familiarity with Agile methodologies/principles (Scrum, XP, Lean etc.)
• Strong multi-tasking and the ability to meet deadlines
• Strong communication and collaborative skills
• Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships across the organization
Cover Letter (Recommended)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
As a COVID-19 safety measure, our employees must either provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or follow additional safety protocols, including testing.
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.