YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
• FORTUNE® Best Workplaces for Millennials
• Forbes® America’s Best Employers
To evaluate and underwrite all mortgage loan types offered by Navy Federal Credit Union (NFCU) according to specific state and federal requirements to limit the risk exposure to NFCU’s mortgage portfolio. To analyze required loan documentation and information presented in the mortgage loan request, to condition and make appropriate loan decisions based on the acceptability of the credit risk using established guidelines of NFCU, secondary market investors, and applicable state and government regulations. Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature; recognizes the need for occasional deviation from accepted practice. Follows established procedures, requires limited instructions on new assignments. Works under supervision from higher level peers and leadership.
• Analyze mortgage loan information on loan documents such as income, assets, and credit criteria to confirm loan eligibility based on Navy Federal guidelines as well as adherence to investor requirement with or without independent scoring systems Basic research/Review
• Analyze exceptions and rejections; recommend alternative mortgage products that could bring the loan within guidelines. Basic research/review
• Analyze self-employed borrower income documentation Basic research/review
• Approve mortgage loans and authorize loan disbursements based on a complete analysis of submitted documentation and/or applicable rules and regulations Basic research/review
• Determine the acceptability and marketability of the real estate property to analyze if there is sufficient collateral to secure the loan
• Prepare and present alternative options on marginal loans; analyze exception requests, prepare adverse action (loan disapproval) notifications or secondary loan reviews for adverse action, with awareness of compliance provisions of regulatory agencies
• Review/understand effects of contracts related to real estate, such as age restrictions, HOAs, etc.
• Work closely and collaborate with loan originator and processor to ensure all appropriate data and required documentation is obtained
• Participate in mentoring sessions for Mortgage Processors, Mortgage Closers, and Mortgage Loan Officers
• Maintain current knowledge of all NFCU mortgage products and any changes to guidelines by NFCU,
investor, or government agencies that impact the processing of mortgage loan products
• Collaborate with training team to maintain training materials to ensure all guidelines are conveyed accurately and consistently Participates In
• Perform secondary review of dispositioned loans that are suspended and/or declined Basic research/review
• Perform other related duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Exposure to mortgage underwriting
• Intermediate knowledge of mortgage/equity loan processing, closing and documentation requirements and regulations
• Familiarity with underwriting process and understanding of applicable criteria, guidelines, rules and regulations
• Basic database and presentation software skills
• Basic organizational, planning and time management skills
• Basic research, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Basic skill conducting complex personal and business financial analysis
• Basic skill exercising initiative and using good judgement to make sound decisions
• Basic verbal and written communication skills
• Basic word processing and spreadsheet software skills
• Desired - Basic skill in underwriting self-employed borrowers
• Desired - Basic skill conducting complex personal and business financial analysis
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
This position is eligible for the TalentQuest employee referral program. Please indicate the employee who referred you when applying.