YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
• FORTUNE® Best Workplaces for Millennials
• Forbes® America’s Best Employers
To research, evaluate, design, implement, and maintain system and product solutions, applying knowledge of engineering principles. To provide technical direction and engineering support for projects and infrastructure. Develop and maintain advanced functional knowledge of evolving IT engineering industry technologies/competition, concepts and trends.
• Expand and maintain the networking environment as necessary by establishing system configurations, directing system installation, and defining, documenting and enforcing system standards.
• Plan, test, and implement upgrades to data network equipment
• Establish configuration standards, as well as configure routing, and switching equipment.
• Maximizes network performance, troubleshoots network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
• Secures network system by enforcing policies.
• Reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects
• Full life-cycle project management
o Establish and lead project teams
o Develop project plan/scope/schedule/cost/communications
o Procure and/or manage resources/timelines/deadlines/quality
o Risk, Issue and Change management
o Ensure successful project implementation
o Scope of responsibility
• Lead, guide and mentor less experienced staff
• Provide input and make budgetary recommendations regarding staffing and equipment
• Apply engineering principles into the design and enhancement of new and existing systems
• Document new system components, or modifications to existing components
• Ensure the security and integrity of system and product solutions including compliance with Navy Federal, industry engineering and Information Security principles and practices
• Perform engineering tasks and assignments in support of business needs
• Perform engineering technology research, procurement, deployment, and configuration for new and modified systems
• Provide technical leadership in the architecture discipline and development of information technology solutions
• Present clear, organized and concise information to all audiences through a variety of media to enable effective business decisions
• Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications (all required unless otherwise noted)
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Information Technology or the equivalent combination of training, education, and experience
• Solid hands-on experience in Network Engineering role with significant experience utilizing:
F5 Load Balancers
Infoblox DNS Solution
Network Access Control (NAC) with Identity Services Engine (ISE)
• Incident/Problem Troubleshooting of Firewalls, Load Balancers, DNS, NAC during active incidents and post incident forensic investigations.
• Review and implementation of Firewall/DNS/NAC/Load Balancer rules and VIPs
• System Upgrades and Vulnerability Remediation (works with our Compliance and Remediation team) • Small Projects and Work Requests
• On-Call Support
• Can work independently when necessary as well as part of a team.
• Solution oriented self-starter.
• Able to work with non-technical users to help isolate problems.
• Experience working with ticketing systems for managing workload and change requests similar to Service Now
• Clear, concise, effective and timely communication skills.
• Working knowledge of engineering discipline
o Project Management
o Problem Solving
o LAN Knowledge
o Proxy Servers
o Network Design and Implementation
o Network Troubleshooting
o Network Hardware Configuration
o Network Performance Tuning
• Advanced research, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Advanced word processing and spreadsheet software skills
• Effective organizational, planning and time management skills
• Effective skill exercising initiative and using good judgment to make sound decisions
• Effective skill guiding and training less experienced staff
• CCIE (R/S, Datacenter, Security, etc.)
• F5 (general)
Hours: Monday - Friday, 7:00am - 5:00pm with after hours support required as needed
820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180
5550 Heritage Oaks Drive, Pensacola, FL 32526
141 Security Drive, Winchester, VA 22602
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position.
The salary range for this position is: $80,800 - $139,400
Due to COVID-19 and social distancing, this position will be temporarily working from home with plans to return to campus at the desired location listed once Navy Federal is back to normal operations. The specific logistics for returning to campus will be determined at a future date by individual leadership
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
As a COVID-19 safety measure, our employees must either provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or follow additional safety protocols, including testing.
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
This position is eligible for the TalentQuest employee referral program. Please indicate the employee who referred you when applying.