YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
• FORTUNE® Best Workplaces for Millennials
• Forbes® America’s Best Employers
This position is part of the Fraud Analytics & Countermeasures team within Security and will focus on rule writing, trend analysis, and identifying root causes.
• Evaluate operational efficiency and effectiveness
• Perform qualitative and quantitative analysis relating to operational functions, workflow, processes, and other business related issues
• Collaborate with functional areas to develop and maintain performance metrics, measurements, methods and targets
• Obtain quantitative and qualitative data of business processes to analyze, determine and promote data driven decisions
• Analyze and evaluate competitor data and industry trends to understand current business unit competitive posture
• Design and document dashboards, reports, and thresholds to alert business units to monitor business status and fluctuations
• Identify and assess business strategies and opportunities; develop appropriate analytical approaches
• Collect and analyze data; synthesize results of analyses, develop and make recommendations and alternatives based on the full spectrum of internal/external considerations
• Build new and/or modify existing database/data warehouse/data mart and business intelligence solutions to meet business and system requirements
• Use data warehousing/business intelligence toolsets to gather, store, and provide access to data in assist management decision making
• Collaborate with business units and senior management to conduct needs assessment to support organization strategies, tactics, and learning solutions that support business unit objectives
• Identify areas of improvement; determine solutions; implement enhancements/changes to improve operations, standards and results
• Collaborate with management to establish objectives, standards, and strategies for delivering updates and changes to reporting and analytical procedures
• Provide guidance and advice to management on the most effective and efficient use of resources to obtain measurable process improvements
• Compile, research and analyze trends in support of projects and initiatives
• Ensure the implementation of new and enhanced processes
• Identify and assess business strategies and opportunities; develop appropriate analytical approaches Considerable Scope
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, or the equivalent combination of training, education and experience
• Significant experience in the application of statistical methods, mathematical techniques, forecasting, cost-benefit analysis and related analytical tools
• Advanced skill interpreting, extrapolating and interpolating data for statistical research and modeling
• Advanced skill interpreting and synthesizing large amounts of information
• Significant experience in problem resolution including determining root cause, scope and scale of issues
• Advanced skill analyzing statistics and reports to determine business performance and trends
• Extensive experience that demonstrates the ability to research, compile, and document data, business processes, and workflow
• Significant experience in market/consumer research, project management, and analysis in support of strategic planning initiatives
• Advanced skill identifying and analyzing business requirements and recommending solutions
• Significant experience in managing cross-functional, multi-dimensional teams and projects of the highest complexity which have business risk and impact
• Significant experience in managing multiple priorities independently and/or in a team environment to achieve goals
• Advanced skill in programming languages
• Advanced skill resolving conflicting requests and meeting changing requirements
• Advanced skill presenting findings, conclusions, alternatives and information clearly and concisely
• Significant experience in demonstrating thought-leadership, initiative-taking, decision-making and creativity solving business problems
• Advanced skill maintaining accuracy with attention to detail and meeting deadlines
• Advanced research, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills
• Advanced database and presentation software skills
• Advanced word processing and spreadsheet software skills
• Desired - Master’s Degree in a related field, or the equivalent combination of training, education and experience
• Desired - Significant knowledge of project lifecycles and management methodologies
• Desired - Working knowledge of Navy Federal Human Resources policies, procedures, and programs
• Desired - Working knowledge of object oriented principles
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180
5550 Heritage Oaks Drive, Pensacola, FL 32526
141 Security Drive, Winchester, VA 22602
9999 Willow Creek Road, San Diego, CA 92131
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position.
The salary range for this position is: $70,200 - $139,400
*Due to COVID-19 and social distancing, this position will be temporarily working from home with plans to return to campus at the desired location listed once Navy Federal is back to normal operations. The specific logistics for returning to campus will be determined at a future date by individual leadership*
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
This position is eligible for the TalentQuest employee referral program. Please indicate the employee who referred you when applying.