YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
• FORTUNE® Best Workplaces for Millennials
• Forbes® America’s Best EmployersIND123
To design, develop, implement and maintain new IT solutions, or changes/enhancements to existing solutions that align with business initiatives and corporate strategies. Utilize advanced knowledge of the organization’s technology infrastructure and specific software applications to assist the business with implementing strategic vision through technology. Work is performed under general direction
• Identify business requirements (e.g., needs, objectives, functions, features, input and output) and translate into delivered technical solutions
• Utilize Navy Federal approved software development tools and software applications to design, develop, solutions that align with business initiatives and corporate strategies
• Partner with project teams to plan, coordinate and rollout software change/release to Controlled Testing and Production; obtain required approvals and transition project to production
• Collaborate with key partners in the development and delivery of solutions
• Create and maintain accurate, detailed and consistent documentation thru all phases of the Systems Development Life-Cycle
• Analyze information, requirements, data, work quality, work methods, processes, service specific practices, standards and metrics/statistics
• Interpret results of analysis; present recommendations, alternatives and implications
• Analyze, define and document technical design for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating systems environment, interface with other systems, internal and external controls and output
• Identify and communicate key responsibilities and practices, evaluate results, and provide leadership and guidance to ensure successful implementation of business unit projects
• Lead, guide and mentor other team members
• Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Extensive experience in working with application development platforms especially with “low-code” or “no code” platforms like Pega & Service now
• Experience with RESTful and SOAP-based web services
• Good understanding of any continuous integration tools like Cloudbees Jenkins, Nexus and version control tools like SVN, Github is a must
• Extensive experience in developing and testing software
• Ability to analyze technical issues in order to recommend, develop and/or implement strategies and achieve objectives
• Extensive experience in leading collaborative work teams
• Expert research, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Expert skill interpreting and synthesizing large amounts of information
• Expert skill following, interpreting and applying relevant data/instructions to guidelines, procedures, practices and regulations
• Expert database, word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software skills
Desired Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Master’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field
• Expert knowledge of Navy Federal products, services, programs, policies and procedures
• Technical Certifications
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna VA 22180 | 5550 Heritage Oaks Dr Pensacola, FL 32526
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain
competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position.
The salary range for this position is: [$80,800] to [$139,400]
Due to COVID-19 and social distancing, this position will be temporarily working from home with plans to return to campus at the desired location listed once Navy Federal is back to normal operations. The specific logistics for returning to campus will be determined at a future date by individual leadership.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
As a COVID-19 safety measure, our employees must either provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or follow additional safety protocols, including testing.
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.