This job posting is no longer active
YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
• FORTUNE® Best Workplaces for Millennials
• Forbes® America’s Best Employers
To provide support to Facility Management by performing maintenance on the exterior areas and structures.
We are looking for independent and responsible college or university students to help us support our members' needs. All Intern candidates who have graduated from high school must be enrolled in college. To be eligible for this position you must currently be a college/university student.
** In order to be considered for this position, you must be currently enrolled in college courses **
1. Performs exterior maintenance duties.
* Plants and transplants trees, shrubbery, and plantings
* Cares for landscape by mowing lawns, trimming shrubbery, and pruning trees
* Applies fertilizer under the guidance of the Senior Ground Crewman
* Cleans papers, debris, leaves, etc. from exterior areas using manual and engine-driven equipment.
* Removes snow and ices from roadways, walkways, and sidewalks with shovels and engine-driven equipment
* Drives Navy Federal vehicles to pick up and/or deliver materials and equipment (e.i. equipment, landscaping supplies and plants etc.)
2. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Unusual Working Conditions: Work is primarily outside in all types of weather conditions. Work may be dirty, dusty, greasy, and noisy. May be exposed to possibility of cuts and bruises. Work requires standing, reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, climbing and working in uncomfortable positions. Work requires lifting and carrying materials and equipment in excess of 50 pounds. May be required to work other than normal business hours (weekends, evenings).
QUALIFICATIONS -- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Must be enrolled in an accredited university
* Ability to follow written and oral instructions
* Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds
* Ability to perform work in a variety of positions (sometimes uncomfortable positions) including standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, and climbing
* Possess a valid driver’s license
* Grounds maintenance/building maintenance experience
Address: 5550 Heritage Oaks Drive, Pensacola, FL 32526
Hours: Monday – Friday, 6am - 2:30pm, at least 20-25 hours per week
As a COVID-19 safety measure, our employees must either provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or follow additional safety protocols, including testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.