YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
To collect on specialized collection accounts, such as overdrawn share savings/checking accounts, trust accounts and association accounts. Provide member detailed account information, resolve member account discrepancies and mitigate potential losses to Navy Federal.
• Analyze, research and resolve problems and discrepancies related to member accounts/loan
• Collect on Specialized Collection items such as Overdrawn share savings/checking accounts, trust accounts and association accounts
• Obtain detailed financial information from overdrawn members and analyze information gathered to determine optimal solutions for resolution of the overdrawn balance
• Collect on Overdrawn Accounts in a reduced time frame per NCUA/NFCU policies
• Communicate with members and coordinate equitable repayment options and resolution of overdrawn accounts
• Document member interaction and plan of action to recover overdrawn balances
• Provide counseling to members regarding budgeting and financial planning to mitigate financial hardships
• Perform Manager Share Transfers up to authorized limits
• Waive fees on accounts up to the authorized limits
• Recommend alternative options to resolve overdrawn balances
• Recognize potentially fraudulent cases, forward to risk management specialist as appropriate
• Stay informed of fraud/scam patterns to mitigate potential losses and protect member accounts
• Recognize potential Visa debit card chargeback claims and forward to Risk Management Specialist
• Stay informed of Visa Check Card dispute/fraud claim process
• Stay informed of checking/savings account fraud claim process
• Recognize red flags or suspicious activity on member’s accounts; Refer to Risk Management for review
• Maintain working knowledge of and ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and industry laws, regulations and guidelines
• Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Familiarity with Navy Federal collection systems
• Working knowledge of credit and collections related federal and state fair lending/consumer protection laws & regulations
• Basic word processing and spreadsheet software skills
• Effective organizational, planning and time management skills
• Effective skill exercising initiative and using good judgement to make sound decisions
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Basic knowledge of estate, association and trust accounts
• Advanced negotiation skills
• Advanced knowledge of savings/checking accounts products and services
• Advanced knowledge of Optional Overdraft Protection Service (OOPS)
• Working knowledge of bankruptcy, settlements, default reporting, loss mitigation and charge off
Hours: Monday - Friday; 10:30AM - 7:00PM
Location: 5550 Heritage oaks Dr, Pensacola, FL 32526
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.