YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
To gain valuable insight into Navy Federal’s business, technology, resources and procedures by providing support in Consumer Lending, applying knowledge and education. To respond to consumer loan requests including escalated, complex, sensitive and/or urgent inquiries. Participate in a collaborative, team driven network and interact with multiple departments. Receive guidance and direction from team and management. Utilize and further develop technical and soft skills, business knowledge, analytical techniques and creative problem solving abilities. Provide professional execution of day to day tasks and special projects while working within established standards, policies and procedures. This is a year-round, Full or Part –Time, flexible internship based on school schedule.
****A requirement of this position is you must be currently enrolled in college level courses or a degree-seeking program throughout the duration of the internship. You must also have a minimum 2.0 Grade Point Average.****
A student majoring in an Information Technology degree from an accredited university or other technical school who is willing to combine classroom knowledge with the willingness to learn database administration concepts.
* Enrolled in an Information Technology degree program
* Fundamental knowledge of relational database concepts and principles
* Basic knowledge and understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) from requirements gathering to implementation
* Ability to work in a team environment with a cooperative, positive attitude
* Capable of providing exceptional customer service
* Demonstrated problem solving and effective written and verbal communication skills
* Works within established standards, change control, policies and procedures
* Understanding of data modeling concepts
* Ability to perform basic database administration tasks including assisting in performance tuning, troubleshooting, writing queries, managing user access, validating backup and recovery processes, and capacity management planning
* Desire to work in a large-scale database administration environment consisting of DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, and NoSQL database systems
* Conceptual understanding of asset management including database licensing
* Basic understanding of UNIX and/or Linux operating systems
* Basic understanding of SQL Scripting
* Ability to assist management in creating, updating, and keeping current documentation repository
*Knowledge of Hadoop architecture
*Knowledge of Relational Database Systems
*Knowledge of Big Data
Hours: Monday-Friday 7:30AM-5:00PM EST – (Days and hours will be flexible to accommodate class schedule, min of 20 Hours Weekly)
Location: Headquarters, Vienna, VA -OR- GPO, Pensacola, FL
"Due to COVID-19 and social distancing, this position may require working from home temporarily with plans to return to campus at the desired location listed once Navy Federal is back to normal operations. The specific logistics for returning to campus will be determine at a future date by individual leadership"
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.