YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
In Digital Labs, we develop innovative member and team member experiences that leverage the latest technologies in open source and the Cloud. Digital Information Management (DIM) is a team of engineers committed to championing a data-driven decision-making culture and meets the business demand for timely insight-focused analytics and information delivery.
You will be working with all levels of technology from backend data processing technologies (Databricks/Apache Spark) to other Cloud computing technologies / Azure Data Platform. You should be a strong analytical thinker, detail-oriented and love working with data with a strong background in data engineering and application development. Must be a hand-on technologist passionate about learning new technologies and help improve the ways we can better leverage Advanced Analytics and Machine Learning.
• Build end-to-end direct capabilities.
• Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
• Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources
• Use analytics for capitalizing on the data for making decisions and achieving better outcomes for the business.
• Derive insights to differentiate member and team member experiences.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams.
• Analyze and define with product teams the data migration and data integration strategies.
• Apply experience in analytics, data visualization and modeling to find solutions for a variety of business and technical problems.
• Querying and analyzing small and large data sets to discover patterns and deliver meaningful insights.
• Integrate source systems with information management solutions and target systems for automated migration processes.
• Create proof-of-concepts to demonstrate viability of solutions under consideration.
• Design-thinking & excellent communication skills: ability to translate innovative ideas to clearly articulated technical solutions.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or other technology-related field or equivalent number of years of experience.
• Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, design patterns and strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• 8+ years of professional software or data engineering experience
• 4+ years of experience in IT related to Data Management and Data Migration activities
• 2+ years of strong experience with Azure services, including Azure Data Factory, Databricks, Azure Storage (ADLS Gen2), and Azure SQL
• 2+ years of professional Apache Spark data processing application design and development experience, PySpark preferred, but Java/Scala are also acceptable.
• Experience with any of the following Analytics and Information Management competencies: Data Management and Architecture, Performance Management, Information Delivery and Advanced Analytics
• The follow certifications are preferred:
o Microsoft Certified Azure Data Engineer
o Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect
o Databricks Certified Associate Developer for Apache 2.4/3.0
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna VA 22180
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.