YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
To plan, direct and oversee a designated service to ISD or ISD management. Provide forward-thinking, industry perspective and understanding the changing business needs, and discovering new capabilities, services and tools to enable them. Manage and own the lifecycle of the services reporting to them including definition, execution, governance and resource strategy. Partners with Vendor Management Office to participate in contract analysis and competitive market assessment for vendor selection process.
• Plan, direct and oversee Service(s) daily operations, ensuring targets, service level agreements, and operational level agreements are being met
• Partner with ISD Senior Leadership, Service Managers, Business Relationship Managers, and CTO to develop the long term strategic direction and roadmap
• Serve as advocate and champion for the services and drives alignment and buy-in within ISD and across the organization
• Manages service budget and project portfolio
• Bring external perspective and ideas from relevant sources, keep current with technology, government/policy impacts and industry best practices
• Evaluates the performance and trends of assigned services to customers, including defined KPIs and SLAs and ensures service levels are achieved in line with SLAs and SLOs
• Develops workforce strategy and resource plan (skills, competencies, team size) for each service
• Drives industry benchmarking regarding the evolution of the service, including measuring goals against performance, continuous improvement, and potential use of industry-leading vendors
• Participates in planning and alignment discussions to facilitate and support resource transitions (function or location)
• Ensures compliance with Navy Federal’s ISD standards, practices and processes
• Performs supervisory/managerial duties
o Ensure adequate/skilled staffing; select employees
o Establish performance goals and priorities
o Prepare, conduct and review performance appraisals
o Develop, mentor and counsel staff
o Provide input and/or prepare budget requirements for Annual Financial Plan (AFP)
o Ensure section/branch goals and objectives align with division/department strategy
o Ensure efficiency of operations
o Leadership Level
• Perform other related duties as assigned or appropriate
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training or experience
• Extensive experience in leading, guiding and coaching professional staff
• Extensive experience in IT resource allocation and management
• Experience in managing personnel and information technology resources
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills
• Advanced skill interacting with staff, management, vendors and members diplomatically and tactfully
• Advanced research, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Effective in producing desired results and achieving goals and objectives
• Significant experience in working with all levels of staff, management, stakeholders, vendors
• Advanced skill presenting findings, conclusions, alternatives and information clearly and concisely
• Effective skill relationship building, negotiation and facilitation skills
• Experience in developing high performing teams
• Desired - Knowledge of NFCU operations, processes and procedures
• Desired - Certification in appropriate area: PMP, ITIL, etc.
• Desired - Experience in Service Manager, Resource Manager or large scale Project Management roles
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm (additional hours as needed)
Location: 5550 Heritage Oaks Drive, Pensacola, FL 32526 | 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180 | 141 Security Dr. Winchester, VA 22602
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.