YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
The Unix Engineer is a Red Hat Linux Engineer that is a technical resource with an intermediate to advanced level of skills in the areas of Red Had Linux which includes UNIX systems engineering, architecture, deployment, configuration, and management.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Your success with attaining and performing the required skills and abilities will be enhanced if they consist of the following:
• Intermediate to advanced systems administration skills with UNIX systems in an enterprise environment, to include Red Hat Linux v6, 7 & 8 and other Unix variants such as IBM AIX.
• Intermediate to advanced experience with Red Hat Satellite to include systems provisioning, content view management, host group management, Discovery and Capsule management
• Scripting skills – Ruby, Python, Bash and/or Perl
• Ability to manage day-to-day Unix operating system installation, migration and break-fix
• Experience with OS patching and Firmware deployment/management
• Ability to collect and analyze performance statistics and recommend changes.
• Experience with implementing and maintaining system security across Unix platforms
• Experience with server administration technologies, such as LDAP, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, NFS
• Excellent decision-making, problem-solving and collaboration skills
• Excellent communication and documentation skills
• Strong organization skills with emphasis on detail and follow-up
Desired Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities:
• Experience with Ansible and/or Chef as enterprise tools, including cookbook/playbook development and management of associated infrastructure
• Familiarization with Cisco Unified Computing System Administration
• Knowledge of VMWare Virtualization technologies
• Knowledge and experience with Red Hat Virtualization Technologies
• Experience with cloud deployment technologies
• Experience with Power HA and Spectrum Scale (GPFS)
• Experience provisioning systems with PowerVC
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm (flexible)
Availability 24x7 on a rotational on-call basis
820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180
5550 Heritage Oaks Drive, Pensacola, FL 32526
*Due to COVID-19 and social distancing, this position will be temporarily working from home with plans to return to campus at the desired location listed once Navy Federal is back to normal operations. The specific logistics for returning to campus will be determined at a future date by individual leadership*
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.