YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
Develop strategies for data acquisition and database implementation, ensuring optimal architecture and design. Design, build, and integrate data from various sources in support of advanced data analytics. This role will work with product owners and multiple internal and external teams to plan and develop automated data pipelines, including ingestion, distribution, and repositories needed to support data lakes in alignment with Navy Federal standards and guidelines. Recognized as an expert with specialized depth and breadth of expertise in their discipline. Solves highly complex problems, taking a broad perspective to identify solutions. Leads functional teams or projects. Works independently.
• Work directly with business leadership to understand data requirements; propose and develop solutions that enable effective decision-making and drives business objectives
• Design and implement data frameworks and pipelines to process data from on-premises and cloud data sources, monitor data quality and implement related controls.
• Lead the preparation of high quality project deliverables that are valued by the business and present them in such a manner that they are readily understood by project stakeholders
• Prepare advanced project implementation plans using Agile methodologies, which highlight milestones and deliverables, leveraging standards, practices, and work planning tools
• Recognize potential issues and risks during the analytics project implementation and recommend mitigation strategies
• Document best practices for data analysis, data engineering, and evangelize their use by team members
• Evaluate existing designs, improve methods, and implement optimizations
• Coach and mentor project team members in carrying out analytics project implementation activities
• Ensure the security and integrity of solutions including compliance with Navy Federal, industry engineering and Information Security principles and practices
• Analyze and validate data sharing requirements within and outside data partners
• Analyze and interpret collected data; identifying trends; writing reports and recommendations for internal or external clients
• Migrate on-premises data stores to a managed service in the cloud
• Other duties as assigned
• Hands-on experience creating automated data pipelines using modern technology stacks for batch ETL, data streaming, or change data capture, and for data processing to load advanced analytics data repositories
• Proficient in designing and implementing data integration processes in a large distributed environment using cloud services e.g. Azure Data Factory, Data Catalog, Databricks, Stream Analytics
• Experience in designing data lake storage structures, data acquisition, transformation, and distribution processing
• Advanced experience in SQL programming
• Proficient in programming languages (e.g. Python, Java) and REST APIs (e.g. Azure API Management, MuleSoft) to process data
• Experience with a Machine Learning (ML) technology stack such as R, Python, Azure ML, Azure HD Insights, or Amazon SageMaker.
• Experience using the Apache Hadoop technology stack
• Experience monitoring performance of data workflows and infrastructure through use of monitoring tools and enabling alerts
• Experience with agile delivery using Jira, or Azure DevOps
• Experience migrating data lakes from on-premises to cloud
• Proficient in developing and operationalizing various data distribution patterns such as APIs, event based, publish/subscribe models
• Functional knowledge of data visualization tools
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field
• Ability to interpret complex mainframe copybooks, and XML data feeds
• Advanced degree in MIS, computer science, statistics, marketing, management, finance or related field
• Experience providing technical and data leadership to application development terms
• Prior experience in the Financial Industry
• Experience using the MS Azure technology stack
• Experience using APIs and data gateways for synchronous/asynchronous data ingestion and distribution
• Experience with data mining, pattern matching, forecasting, sentiment analysis, cluster analysis or similar
• Knowledge of Navy Federal Credit Union instructions, standards, and procedures
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180 (Telework Options Available)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
This position is eligible for the TalentQuest employee referral program. Please indicate the employee who referred you when applying.