Intern - Year Round, Real Estate Lending Collateral Risk
Location: VA Vienna - Headquarters
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
- FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®
- Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
- FORTUNE® Best Workplaces for Millennials
- Forbes® America’s Best Employers
To gain valuable insight into Navy Federal’s business, technology, resources and procedures by providing support in Real Estate Lending Risk Management’s Collateral Risk team, applying knowledge and education. Participate in a collaborative, team driven network and interact with multiple departments. Receive guidance and direction from team and management. Utilize and further develop technical and soft skills, business knowledge, analytical techniques and creative problem solving abilities. Provide professional execution of day to day tasks and special projects while working within established standards, policies and procedures. This is a year-round, full or part–time, flexible internship based on school schedule.
- Work with the Internal Risk Management team to build out catalog of control reports
- Perform controls testing and analysis, complete internal reviews, and summarize findings in reports to executive leadership
- Participate in fact-seeking interviews
- Assist with presentations and communications
- Utilize Excel or Sharepoint for Event and Issues tracking
- Process and update data in automated systems; may generate and analyze reports
- Support business strategy and initiatives within the business unit and/or across the organization
- Assist and collaborate with various levels of staff to accomplish tasks/assignments
- Perform research and analysis; may include quantitative and/or qualitative analysis
- Maintain professionalism in all interactions, placing member service as priority
- Provide comprehensive day-to-day operational support
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must be pursuing a degree from an accredited college/university
- Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Effective research, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Effective skill maintaining accuracy with attention to detail and meeting deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to exercise initiative and good judgment to make sound decisions
- Ability to adapt to new technologies
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service
- Effective word processing and spreadsheet software skills
- Effective organizational, planning and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
Hours: Mon-Friday, 7:00 AM to 5:30 PM EST (at least 25 hrs/week)
- Strong academic record as evidenced by a 3.0 or higher GPA
- Communication with impact and be committed to self-development
- Strong understanding and usage of Excel and Sharepoint
Location: 5550 Heritage Oaks Drive Pensacola, FL 32526 OR 820 Follin Lane SE Vienne, VA 22180
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.