YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
To gain valuable insight into Navy Federal’s business, technology, resources and procedures by providing support in focused areas, applying knowledge and education. Participate in a collaborative, team driven network and interact with multiple departments. Receive guidance and direction from team and management. Utilize and further develop technical and soft skills, business knowledge, analytical techniques and creative problem solving abilities. Provide professional execution of day to day tasks and special projects while working within established standards, policies and procedures. This is a year-round, Full or Part –Time, flexible internship based on school schedule.
****A requirement of this position is you must be currently enrolled in college level courses or a degree-seeking program throughout the duration of the internship. You must also have a minimum 2.0 Grade Point Average.
Our ISD intern program offers college students an opportunity to gain first-hand experience in the financial sector, while assisting us to provide the high quality support that our members deserve. To be eligible for this position you must currently be enrolled in an accredited university and willing to learn and combine theoretical knowledge with hands on experience while developing his or her professional skills.
***Must be currently enrolled in IT related degree program - Please indicate expected graduation semester and degree major on your resume***
• Performs work in support of Desktop Support Services group -duties may vary depending on assignment
• Applies knowledge gained from degree program in day-to-day duties/responsibilities
• May receive guidance and direction from management and / or senior-level staff
• Leverage technical knowledge and skill
• Works within established standards, change control, policies and procedures
• Provides exceptional customer service
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications - Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability to present findings and conclusions clearly and concisely
• Ability to exercise initiative, produce desired results and achieve objectives
• Effective attention to detail
• Effective research, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including skill in in negotiating and persuading others
• Experience which demonstrates a high degree of maturity, objectivity, tact, integrity and sound judgment
• Ability to apply sound judgment in analyzing and organizing problems
• Effective planning, organizational, and multi-tasking skills
• Ability to work independently and effectively as a member of a team with a cooperative, positive attitude
• Experience with PC hardware and software
Hours: Flexible between 8:30am - 5:00pm (minimum 25 hours per week)
Location: S9999 Willow Creek Road, San Diego, CA 92131
Location: 4001 VA Beach Blvd, Suite 132, Virginia Beach, VA 23452
"Due to COVID-19 and social distancing, this position may require working from home temporarily with plans to return to campus at the desired location listed once Navy Federal is back to normal operations. The specific logistics for returning to campus will be determine at a future date by individual leadership."
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.