YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
To research, evaluate, design, implement, and maintain mainframe systems and product solutions, applying expert knowledge of engineering principles. Assist with coordinating within IT and vendors on both technical and non-technical issues pertaining to mainframe computer system hardware and software, network infrastructure, peripheral evaluation matter expert and a key stakeholder/key contributor on complex initiatives and project teams. Conduct complex work assignments under limited supervision.
• Lead integration of product technologies with respect to mainframe software and hardware for multiple on-going projects
• Drive system requirements, system specifications, input/output processes and working parameters by using systems engineering best practices
• Responsible for systems analysis, design, development, integration, enhancement, and deployment
• Implement integration plans and interface with System Engineering teams to incorporate plans into the integration testing process
• Prepare and present functional design specifications and design project process flow
• Provide specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business need
• Research, evaluate, recommend, and implement information technology that aligns with business needs and meets objectives
• Use holistic knowledge of all products in the information technology ecosystem to plan how new systems will be built and integrated • Install, maintain, and perform configuration of infrastructure applications
• Create and manage life cycle of technical specifications from which programs and configurations will be applied to create the mainframe infrastructure
• Review solutions to ensure alignment with customer objectives, organization guidelines/benchmarks and industry best practices
• Define and establish structure, process and governance mechanisms for knowledge management and knowledge sharing platforms (e.g., assimilation, classification
• Serve as an advisor providing advice and counsel on assignments concerned with specialized or unique engineering requirements
• Participate in the creation of entire mainframe systems (LPARs, CECs and SYSPLEXes)
• Provide technical direction and leadership routinely to other engineers; serve as a coach and mentor
• Identify potential problems in design, quality, or operation and initiate corrective action
• Maintain technical expertise in all areas of mainframe network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls
• Identify opportunities to effectively mitigate risk and improve performance and functionality
• Drive system testing including evaluation, verification & validation activities
• Provide forward thinking technical expertise in current and emerging technologies, trends and practices
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Significant experience in administration and configuration of IBM GDPS. Specific experience with Metro Mirror and Hiperswap as well as Global Mirror with 3 Site and/or 4 Site region swap.
• Advanced knowledge in the areas of z/OS Systems Programming and Mainframe Networks.
• Significant experience with wide variety of mainframe system software products such as Omegamon, z/OS System Automation, IBM Netview, IBM CDPz
• Significant experience leading systems analysis, design, and architecture efforts
• Advanced troubleshooting skills and ability to identify root causes of issues and provide solutions
• Self-motivated and proactive, able to learn quickly and apply new concepts, tools and applications
• Advanced problem solving, collaboration, critical thinking, team building, and presentation skills
• Advanced skill applying innovative approaches to solve technical design issues
• Expert verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
Desired Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
• Advanced knowledge of banking/financial industry trends, products, and services
• Advanced knowledge of Navy Federal products, services, programs, policies and procedures
Hours: Monday - Friday, 7:00am - 4:00pm; On-Call and after hours support required
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180
*Due to COVID-19 and social distancing, this position will be temporarily working from home with plans to return to campus at the desired location listed once Navy Federal is back to normal operations. The specific logistics for returning to campus will be determined at a future date by individual leadership*
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.