YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
• Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential for all employees
Don’t take our word for it.
Manage and direct Navy Federal’s long and short-term strategic objectives for Compensation, Executive Compensation, Incentive Compensation, Performance Management and Recognition to support the attraction, retention and motivation of a highly engaged and motivated workforce. Oversee the design, implementation, and communication of Navy Federal’s compensation strategy, philosophy, programs, policies and initiatives and ensure alignment with Navy Federal’s overall goals, strategies, mission, vision and culture. Serve as a strategic solution provider and expert advisor to the business, HR Business Partners and other Human Recourses Center of Excellence (COEs) regarding complex compensation challenges and opportunities.
• Partner with the VP, Compensation and Benefits to develop the Compensation strategy, establish priorities and set goals; evaluate and implement standards to ensure alignment with department/organization objectives
• Develop a comprehensive understanding of business issues and priorities; effectively analyze and diagnose issues; provide clear advice and recommendations to help partners make informed and sound compensation-related decisions
• Identify opportunities and improve existing compensation programs, policies and processes to ensure they support business strategy and help drive performance
• Direct the creation and monitoring of compensation metrics in order to assess the effectiveness of the existent compensation strategies and processes; drive process improvements
• Design and implement compensation plans to include competitive short- and long-term incentive plans for executives, senior leaders, managers, sales and all employees
• Partner with the VP, Compensation and Benefits Manage and make recommendations regarding Executive Compensation to executive leadership and the Board of Directors
• Oversee the design and implementation of integrated processes and programs focused on performance management and individual development planning
• Manage and consult with management regarding company-wide performance management
• Oversee employee recognition projects and initiatives to drive employee engagement and foster a high-performance culture, foster community and inclusion at all levels
• Leverage technology to drive compensation outcomes; oversee changes and upgrades to systems, determine the scope and requirements of system changes, and oversee acceptance testing
• Ensure all initiatives and outcomes comply with legal and other regulations and manage processes and controls to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies and internal controls
• Stay current on market trends in compensation and HR technology through publications, webinars, seminars, and networking with providers, consultants and peers
• Act as VP, Employee Compensation and Benefits in the incumbent’s absence
• Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Finance or a related field, or the equivalent combination of training, education and experience
• Demonstrated track record and expertise in building, leading and managing a successful Compensation function, designing and developing compensation strategies
• Proven consulting skills; ability to drive business goals through HR / Compensation strategies and can be innovative and creative
• In-depth knowledge of compensation principles, understanding of the business needs and market landscape, and associated detailed analysis/models
• Ability to translate business strategy into people strategy, programs and initiatives, then lead the execution of the programs
• Knowledge of the legal environment of compensation; experience in compliance of local regulations
• Ability to identify new opportunities where Compensation can add value and develop associated plans to incorporate ideas into the business
• Proven experience in driving and administering executive compensation, recognition and performance management programs and strategies
• Strong executive presence and leadership capabilities, with the ability to influence senior level leaders and cultivate strong partnerships other key stakeholders
• Advanced leadership, delegation, coaching, and mentoring skills and the ability to make sound long and short term business decisions
• Familiarity with change management and organizational development strategies in order to influence and assist organizational change initiatives
• Well-developed analytical skills; strong planning and project management skills
• Exceptional systems skills; Advanced MS Excel and strong Power Point skills required
Desired Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Master's Degree or other advanced degree Human Resources Management, Finance or a related field, or the equivalent combination of training, education and experience
• Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) certification from WorldatWork
• Advanced knowledge of Navy Federal’s organizational structure, HR policies, objectives, procedures, and products, and services
• Technology and Financial Services industry experience
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180
*Due to COVID-19 and social distancing, this position will be temporarily working from home with plans to return to campus at the desired location listed once Navy Federal is back to normal operations. The specific logistics for returning to campus will be determined at a future date by individual leadership*
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.