YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
Establish and develop a sourcing strategy that will generate a pipeline of potential qualified candidates through the use of social media, professional networks, online search techniques, and other qualified sources. Identify and assess potential candidates for predefined expertise. Collaborate with recruiters, HR Business Partners, hiring managers, and leadership to build and maintain a skilled pipeline of technical talent to support business unit’s active and future hiring needs. Ensure that employment and placement activities conform to federal and state laws.
• Perform searches for qualified passive and active candidates according to relevant job criteria, using sourcing methods and channels such as computer databases, social media, professional networking, Internet recruiting resources, cold calls, recruiting firms and employee referrals
• Assist recruiters with hiring hard-to-find, passive talent by presenting realistic expectations and utilizing various sourcing techniques and strategies; conduct research using social media profiles, search engines and competitor web pages (e.g. LinkedIn, Github, Behance, etc.)
• Build and maintain relationships with candidates and TA peers to support the strategic goal of providing a highly skilled workforce in an efficient manner
• Gather job requirements from TA peers for the purpose of finding the best talent
• Review resumes, conduct pre-screenings and assess potential candidates for qualifications, level of interest and compensation requirements
• Maintain current knowledge of emerging technologies to stay abreast of innovative sourcing trends, social media outlets and most effective recruiting channels
• Serve as a SME regarding industry hiring and labor market trends, labor supply and best practices, ensuring the business has an advantage in a highly competitive market to attract and retain the best talent
• Craft and execute sophisticated Boolean searches and utilize data management/business intelligence skills to extract candidates date from various sources and track successful searches and practices for future TA peers
• Generate candidates interest through creative social media messaging and on-brand, targeted marketing
• Promote the organization brand through maintaining social media pages (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
• Establish, develop and foster relationships and partnerships with educational institutions, professional and trade associations, public employment services, community workforce development initiatives and other organizations in order to source qualified job candidates
• Serve as Navy Federal Talent Acquisition representative on networking groups related to workforce development, recruiting and sourcing of potential job candidates
• Review and audit job postings to ensure effectiveness: make recommendations and revisions following consultation with the appropriate recruiter
• Assist with research and gathering market intelligence
• Measure and report on sourcing and recruiting metrics (e.g. source of hire and time-to-fill)
• Stay abreast of and ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and industry laws, regulations and guidelines
• Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field, or the equivalent combination of experience, education and training
• Advanced sourcing skills that leverage social media, community sites, industry groups, cold calling, free web and Navy Federal’s talent network
• Experience in staffing firms, sales, full cycle recruiting, account management, &/or marketing in competitive industries
• Deep knowledge of talent pools within Engineering, Information Security, Digital, and/or Data Science disciplines
• Knowledge with systems and tools that support sourcing, application tracking systems, data integrity, and workplace collaboration
• Proven ability to deliver highly sought after candidates within their field in a fast paced, dynamic environment
• Experience in advanced sourcing methods including but not limited to: email extractions, browser extensions, people aggregators, and X-ray searching
• Extensive experience in gathering hiring requirements from recruiters
• Extensive experience in building and maintaining a skilled pipeline of talent
• Advanced knowledge of successful pre-screening and assessing candidate qualifications
• Advanced skill to influence, negotiate and persuade to reach agreeable exchange and positive outcomes
• Advanced skill building effective relationships through rapport, trust, diplomacy and tact
• Advanced organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize work
• Expert skill in managing multiple priorities independently and/or in a team environment to achieve goals
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of Title VII, Age Discrimination in Employment Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, Affirmative Action Plan, and other state regulations governing recruiting and talent acquisition practices
• Effective skill speaking and/or presenting in front of groups in a professional setting
Desired Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Familiarity with Navy Federal Human Resources policies, procedures, and programs
• Working knowledge of Navy Federal's functions, philosophy, operations and organizational objectives
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180
5550 Heritage Oaks Drive, Pensacola, FL 32526
141 Security Drive, Winchester, VA 22602
*Expect partial telework*
*Due to COVID-19 and social distancing, this position will be temporarily working from home with plans to return to campus at the desired location listed once Navy Federal is back to normal operations. The specific logistics for returning to campus will be determined at a future date by individual leadership*
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
This position is eligible for the TalentQuest employee referral program. Please indicate the employee who referred you when applying.