YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
The VMware Engineer is responsible for implementing, configuring, managing, and troubleshooting the underlying technologies related to Navy Federal's virtualization strategy. The Engineer must be able to perform basic to difficult levels of administrative and technical tasks. Accuracy, effective communication, being a strong team player, and participation in a 24x7 on-call support rotation is critical.
• Install, configure, and manage VMware virtualization environments (vSphere, vRealize Operations, vRealize Log Insight, Orchestrator, SRM, NSX-T)
• Install, configure, and manage Cisco UCS environments (Central, UCS Manager, Fabric Interconnects, B and C-Series servers)
• Install, configure, and manage Cisco HyperFlex environments (Intersight, UCS Manager, Fabric Interconnects, C-Series servers)
• Troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion and provide root cause analysis
• Proactively ensure the highest levels of infrastructure and systems availability
• Participate in on-call rotation (as required) for emergency technical support and planned maintenance activities
Your success with attaining and performing the required skills and abilities will be enhanced if they consist of the following:
• Anticipate and adjust for potential impact
• Apply engineering principles to the design and enhancement of systems
• Document new system components or modifications to existing components
• Ensure the security and integrity of system and product solutions
• Full life-cycle project management
• Knowledge of and adherence to change control standards and procedures
• Lead, guide, and mentor less experienced staff
• Perform engineering tasks and assignments in support of business needs
• Present clear, organized, and concise information to audiences to enable business decisions
• Provide technical leadership in architecture discipline and development of solutions
• Design and deploy Cisco UCS infrastructure to support VMware vSphere environments
• Design and deploy VMware vSphere virtualization environments
• Deploy and operationalize the VMware vRealize suite including Operations Manager and Log Insight
• Design and deploy hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI) solutions such as Cisco HyperFlex
• Superior research, analytical, and troubleshooting skills
• Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment and on multiple projects simultaneously
• Demonstrate a strong work ethic, adhere to deadlines, and the ability to work both independently and as a team
• General knowledge of both networking and storage concepts
• VMware VCP or VCAP certification in the Data Center Virtualization track
While not required, candidates with the following skills are strongly desired:
• Hands on experience with data center replication technology such as VMware Site Recovery Manager (SRM) and Zerto
• Hands on experience with automation tools including VMware Orchestrator and Ansible
• Practical experience with network virtualization technology specifically VMware NSX-T
• Public cloud experience such as Azure and AWS
Hours: Monday through Friday, TBD, and on-call
Availability 24x7 on a rotational on-call basis
820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180
5550 Heritage Oaks Drive, Pensacola, FL 32526
Colorado Resident Pay Range: $83,600 - $120,700
*Due to COVID-19 and social distancing, this position will be temporarily working from home with plans to return to campus at the desired location listed once Navy Federal is back to normal operations. The specific logistics for returning to campus will be determined at a future date by individual leadership*
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.