YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
To gain valuable insight into Navy Federal’s business, technology, resources and procedures by providing support in focused areas, applying knowledge and education. Participate in a collaborative, team driven network and interact with multiple departments. Receive guidance and direction from team and management. Utilize and further develop technical and soft skills, business knowledge, analytical techniques and creative problem solving abilities. Provide professional execution of day to day tasks and special projects while working within established standards, policies and procedures. This is a year-round, Full or Part –Time, flexible internship based on school schedule.
****A requirement of this position is you must be currently enrolled in college level courses or a degree-seeking program throughout the duration of the internship. You must also have a minimum 2.0 Grade Point Average.
The Service Transitions department ensures that standardized methods and procedures are used during the planning, approval, and implementation of IT changes, in order to control risk, minimize service disruption, and provide quality service to NFCU members and staff. Provide oversight regarding change management in the planning and execution of project and maintenance implementations. Serve as a dedicated change manager for select moderately complex projects and changes.
• Ability to incorporate and leverage industry best practices while maintaining alignment with NFCU goals and capabilities
•Provide support to assigned department; may work on small projects or portions of larger projects
•Provide comprehensive day to day operational support
•Able to become independent within day to day functions
•Able to voice concerns, needs, and ideas that help improve our best practices
• Ability to evaluate change requests for IT software and infrastructure production changes and make recommendations (approve/deny/modify) based upon conformity to policy, assessed risk, readiness, and completion of change data
• Able to ensure complete and accurate documentation of change requests including testing results, implementation plans, and back-out plans
• Ability to monitor and evaluate the change management service including planning, evaluating, approving, and implementing functions for all IT software and infrastructure changes
• Able to help support scheduled service windows, outages, and service level agreements adhered to; provide oversight and escalation during production change windows
• Assist and collaborate with various levels of the ISD staff to accomplish tasks and assignments which may include items such as; minimize cross impacts and service outages Impact
• Able to collaborate with project and technical teams to plan, coordinate and rollout software and infrastructure changes to production and controlled test environments
• Ability to prepare reports and presentations for executive leadership, managers, and engineers
•Able to ensure compliance with ISD standards, practices and processes
• Motivated to perform other duties as assigned
• Effective research, analytical and problem solving skills
• Effective skill producing desired results and achieving goals and objectives
• Effective skill in project management to include establishing and leading project teams; managing timelines/deadlines/resources; ensuring successful project implementation
• Effective skill building effective working relationships across all levels of the organization (e.g., staff, management, and stakeholders)
• Effective organizational, planning and time management skills
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Effective skill interacting with staff, management, vendors and members diplomatically and tactfully
• Effective skill to influence, negotiate and persuade to reach agreement and positive outcomes
• Effective skill communicating complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences
• Effective skill exercising initiative and using good judgment to make sound decisions
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Effective word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software skills to include; Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and SharePoint
•Workforce knowledge of change, configuration and release management processes, systems, and industry best practices
• Experience working with IT engineering and software teams using methodologies such as DevOps, Agile, Scrum, and Waterfall
• Exposure to Service Now
Hours: Monday-Friday 7:30AM - 4:30PM (ability to be flexible around school schedule). This schedule allows for a set day off during the standard work week.
Colorado Hourly Rate: $12.83 - $17.50
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.