YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
To manage a team of architects that provide architecture expertise and guidance for particular business, technical, and/or platform domains. Provide forward-looking industry and technology perspectives, and be responsible for the full lifecycle of architecture planning services for targeted domains, including definition, execution, and governance of these services. Partner with domain leadership to ensure services are fit-for-purpose and meeting customer needs. Partner with Solutions Architecture, Innovation, Portfolio Management, and other related functions to coordinate services. Provide actionable feedback on the state of architecture planning services to IT management for continuous improvement.
• Manage a team of Enterprise Architects who provide domain-specific architecture planning services, who may focus on particular business, technical, or platform domains.
• Lead, guide, coach, and provide training and development for Enterprise Architects.
• Develop and define clear core work definitions, process flows and operating models for architecture planning services.
• Bring external perspective and ideas from relevant sources, and keep current with technology, government/policy impacts and industry best practices.
• Partner with other Enterprise Architects to determine and define the technical architecture required to support architecture services.
• Evaluate the performance and trends of assigned services to customers, including defining and tracking KPIs and SLAs to ensure service levels are in line with expectations.
• Develop and manage workforce strategy, resource plans (skills, competencies, team size) and budget for architecture services.
• Build and maintain relationships with team members, management, business and platform domain owners and/or external contacts (vendors, etc.).
• Perform benchmarking and trend analysis to incorporate continuous improvement or defined enhancements to architecture services.
• Provide constructive and actionable feedback to Enterprise Architects, based on performance.
• Ensure compliance with any related Navy Federal or IT standards, practices and processes.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications – All required unless otherwise noted
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
• Demonstrated experience utilizing various development and operations frameworks including Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and/or Scaled Agile methodologies
• Experience leading part or all of an Enterprise Architecture practice
• Experience in leading, guiding and coaching professional staff
• Experience in resource allocation and management
• Expert level research, analytical, and problem-solving skills
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills and visual presentation skills
• Experience working with all levels of staff, management and vendors, including communicating with executive leadership
• Advanced relationship building, negotiation and facilitation skills
• Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field
• Familiarity with Navy Federal functions, philosophy, operations and organizational objectives
• Familiarity with banking and financial industry standards and practices
• Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Azure technologies
• Familiarity with regulatory and compliance-related mandates such as CCPA and GDPR
• Relevant Enterprise Architecture Certifications including TOGAF 9 and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) or other Scaled Agile methodologies
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180
5550 Heritage Oaks Drive, Pensacola, FL 32526
141 Security Drive, Winchester, VA 22602
*Due to COVID-19 and social distancing, this position will be temporarily working from home with plans to return to campus at the desired location listed once Navy Federal is back to normal operations. The specific logistics for returning to campus will be determined at a future date by individual leadership*
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.