ISD Engineer IV (Salesforce Marketing Cloud Lead Developer)
Location: VA Vienna - Headquarters
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
- FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®
- Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
- FORTUNE® Best Workplaces for Millennials
- Forbes® America’s Best Employers
Basic Purpose To research, evaluate, design, implement, and maintain system and product solutions, applying knowledge of engineering principles. To provide technical direction and engineering support for projects and infrastructure. Develops basic knowledge of industry technologies/competition, concepts and trends.
The Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer implements Salesforce solutions that adhere to platform best practices and performs peer code reviews. Participate in or lead development workstreams, from design through testing and deployment. The role will also serve as the Developer to configure, develop, and integrate the system. Candidates filling the role will be responsible for the code, configure, test, and debug new campaigns, including data configuration, email distributions, audience creation, and utilization of capabilities in the Salesforce Marketing Cloud Platform. The candidate should have a history of having engineered successful solutions in the relevant products and support of such in technically complex environments.
• Anticipate and adjust for potential impact
• Apply engineering principles to the design and enhancement of systems
• Document new system components, or modifications to existing components
• Ensure the security and integrity of system and product solutions
• Full life-cycle project management
• Lead, guide and mentor less experienced staff
• Perform engineering tasks/assignments in support of business needs
• Perform research, procurement, deployment and configuration of systems
• Present clear, organized & concise information to audiences to enable business decisions
• Provide input and make budgetary recommendations regarding staffing and equipment
• Provide technical leadership in architecture discipline & development of IT solutions
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Resident Salesforce Marketing Cloud technology expert responsible for design and technical implementation
• Translate business and marketing challenges into well-designed solutions.
• Primary responsibilities include designing, developing, and managing solutions for Salesforce Marketing Cloud
• Responsible for new development along with providing oversight of support for existing developed functionalities by support developers.
Qualifications (All required):
• Word processing and spreadsheet software skills
• Verbal and written communication skills
• Organizational, planning and time management skills
• Database and presentation software skills
• Research, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Engineering discipline
• Skill exercising initiative and using good judgment to make sound decisions
• Skill guiding and training less experienced staff
• Manage complex full life-cycle IT projects or teams to include cost/resource/time estimation
• Knowledge of and adherence to change control standards and procedures, problem resolution, and troubleshooting techniques
• Experience implementing full cycle projects in Salesforce Marketing Cloud
• Experience with setting up communication sends, content management, and data management within Salesforce Marketing Cloud which includes but is not limited to Creation and scheduling of automation activities in Automation Studio, Creation and sending of Email templates (HTML and Content Blocks), and Creation and sending of Mobile Push templates
• Proficient in Marketing cloud connector, data extensions, integration with external systems (API) and knowledge of DMP and data integration.
• Hands on experience executing SFMC projects, with experience in developing solutions with SFMC solutions such as Email Studio, Mobile Studio, Journey Builder, Interaction Studio
• Salesforce Marketing Cloud certifications
• Knowledge of DevOps principles
• Experience with Azure DevOps tools to deliver solutions using Agile Methodology
• Familiarity with server side API concepts
• Understanding of Agile and Kanban
• Understanding of CRM systems
• Understanding of IIB (IBM Integration Bus)
Hours: Monday- Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm ET (Additional Hours as Needed)
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180 (This position will be temporarily remote)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.