YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
To synchronize communications during cross-departmental incidents to ensure that all business units and employees at Navy Federal receive pertinent information during these events in a timely manner. Serve as the primary point of contact between the business units and ISD for all communications during IT incidents.
• Conceptualize, craft, and distribute clear, accurate and concise ISD communications to the enterprise during incidents
• Manage the ISD System Status Page, and conduct training for the ISD System Status Page Communication Portal
• Initiate and manage the ISD Incident Business Bridge; provide regular status updates to the business, manage questions during business incident bridge
• Conduct post-incident action review meetings with business stakeholders to improve communication processes and procedures; ensure incident details are gathered and appropriately documented to support post-incident reviews, problem management and root-cause analysis
• Lead collaboration sessions with business partners to develop joint communication tactics
• Work with business unit SMEs across the organization to develop an understanding of their functions and processes
• Measure effectiveness of communications activities to drive continuous improvement; recommend improvements to management as appropriate
• Archive all major incident and post-incident review documents and reports for reference during future incidents
• Build relationships across the organization serving as a resource and advisor around the incident communications process
• Assist business units with organizing and documenting the cost of specific incidents
• Develop communications strategy, processes and procedures, and determine communication vehicles to be utilized during incidents (e.g., Win 10 Pop-Up messages, Status Page, e-mail, text, etc.)
• Maintain knowledge of industry best practices, trends and issues to ensure communication readiness in the event of incidents
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, or related field (or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience)
• Working knowledge of enterprise information technology infrastructure (e.g., mainframe, networks, etc.)
• Experience in corporate communications with an emphasis in banking/financial services
• Significant experience in writing, editing, and proofreading documents
• Significant experience in simplifying and communicating complex technical issues to non-technical audiences in written form
• Working knowledge of current trends and best practices in communications
• Working knowledge of communications strategies, tools, systems, and techniques
• Experience in developing and implementing communication plans and strategies
• Significant experience in collaborating across organizational boundaries and building partnerships across functions
• Significant experience in working with all levels of staff, management, and stakeholders
• Significant experience in managing multiple priorities independently and/or in a team environment to achieve goals
• Ability to control incident conference bridges with a variety of business stakeholders and senior leaders
• Advanced skill presenting findings, conclusions, alternatives and information clearly and concisely
• Advanced skill performing well in a stressful environment while managing competing priorities
• Advanced interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Advanced database, word processing and presentation software skills
Desired Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Experience working in major incident management in an enterprise IT operation, with an emphasis in communications, preferably in a large financial institution
• Experience managing crisis communications internal to an organization
• Working knowledge of Navy Federal products, services, programs, policies and procedures
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm and 24/7 On-Call Support
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna VA 22180
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.