YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
To support Navy Federal by providing comprehensive Enterprise Architecture (EA) leadership in migrating an existing on-premise core banking system to a cloud-native banking solution. The candidate will help lead architecture planning sessions; identify and capture the business and technical capabilities needed; document current-state, target-state, and transition architectures; and make recommendations for future-state direction based on best practices and practical considerations around Navy Federal’s business needs. The candidate must be a self-starter who is able to work as both an individual contributor and part of a larger team across high-visibility engagements.
• Develop architectural documentation and/or artifacts for use in migrating a core banking mainframe system to cloud-native technologies, knowledge transfer, decision support, and product evaluation
• Develop current, target, and transition architectures ensuring the modernization of integration points with end-user technology services are consistent, scalable, and flexible
• Develop and apply architectural reference patterns and standards that guide the selection, development, implementation and use of technologies across the enterprise, specifically within IaaS, SaaS, and PaaS ecosystems
• Facilitate and lead business and technical working sessions with a variety of stakeholders across the enterprise, to achieve a desired outcome and consensus
• Support the planning and development of robust and secure technical solutions that align with Navy Federal strategies
• Collaborate on architecture reviews to assess the integrity and quality of proposed technical solutions
• Understand the intersection and alignment of technology solutions to planned projects and initiatives to maximize the value to the enterprise
• Identify and provide recommendations for the acceptance or mitigation of any issues and risks associated with requirements, proposed solutions, architectural designs, implementation plans and timelines
• Provide forward-thinking technical expertise and thought leadership in current and emerging technologies, development practices, market trends and best practices
• Anticipate and plan for internal and/or external business challenges (i.e., Regulatory, Compliance), with the ability to recommend process, product or service enhancements
• Build and maintain relationships with team members, management, key stakeholders and/or external contacts (e.g., vendors, etc.)
• Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications – All required unless otherwise noted
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
• Experience with core banking mainframe migration to a cloud-native hosted environment
• Experience in enterprise-wide infrastructure technologies supported in a multitude of deployment locations and ecosystems including PaaS, SaaS, IaaS, storage, networks, etc.
• Demonstrated experience with the cloud computing, hosting, and managed services construct to effectively architect and transition on-premise solutions to the cloud
• Demonstrated experience with The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) v.9 or relevant architecture framework
• Demonstrated experience utilizing various development and operations framework methodologies including Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and/or Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
• Demonstrated experience communicating technical concepts and practices effectively at all levels, adjusting as needed to a target audience, including non-technical audiences
• Demonstrated experience translating business needs and requirements into comprehensive, useful, and clear architecture designs (i.e., logical architecture, system interaction) and artifacts
• Demonstrated experience developing business and/or technical architecture diagrams
• Demonstrated experience facilitating review and validation of architecture designs by technical and non-technical audiences
• Demonstrated experience interpreting and executing on architecture designs into IT solutions to achieve specific business outcomes
• Demonstrated experience in performing various forms of analysis including systems analysis, business process analysis and/or Fit/Gap analysis
• Proficient using analytical and problem solving skills to troubleshoot and resolve technical challenges and identify patterns of software quality and reusability
• Proficient using creative and innovative thinking skills to create original concepts and approaches for various projects and stakeholders
• Proficient verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
• Proficient word processing, spreadsheet, diagramming, and presentation software skills
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team within a matrixed environment
• Ability to deliver presentations to virtual and in-person teams
• Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field
• Experience with the FIS / Systematics Core Banking Suite
• Microsoft Azure and/or AWS Solution Architect certification(s)
• Relevant Business and IT Architecture Certifications such as TOGAF, COBIT, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
• Familiarity with banking and financial industry standards and practices
• Familiarity with regulatory and compliance-related mandates such as CCPA and GDPR
• Familiarity with Navy Federal functions, philosophy, operations and organizational objectives
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180
*Due to COVID-19 and social distancing, this position will be temporarily working from home with plans to return to campus at the desired location listed once Navy Federal is back to normal operations. The specific logistics for returning to campus will be determined at a future date by individual leadership*
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
This position is eligible for the TalentQuest employee referral program. Please indicate the employee who referred you when applying.