YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
The Senior Active Directory Engineer should possess in depth technical knowledge and hands-on experience with Active Directory Domain Services. The engineer's primary responsibilities consist of directory/site design, group policy architecture & troubleshooting, and certificate services support.
To research, evaluate, design, implement, and maintain system and product solutions, applying knowledge of engineering principles. To provide technical direction and engineering support for projects and infrastructure. Develops basic knowledge of industry technologies/competition, concepts and trends.
• Distributed File System (DFS) maintenance and design
• Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) infrastructure management
• Directory integration with Microsoft Azure via Azure A.D. Connect
• Monitoring, backup, and restoration procedures for Active Directory
• Planning a Domain Controller and Global Catalog Strategy
• Participate in on-call rotation (as required) for emergency technical support and planned maintenance activities
• Apply engineering principles to the design and enhancement of systems
• Document new system components, or modifications to existing components
• Ensure the security and integrity of system and product solutions
• Perform engineering tasks/assignments in support of business needs
• Perform research, procurement, deployment and configuration of systems
• Present clear, organized & concise information to audiences to enable business decisions
• Provide input and make budgetary recommendations regarding staffing and equipment
• Knowledge of and adherence to change control standards and procedures, problem resolution, and troubleshooting techniques
• MCSA certification
• Knowledge of Active Directory Schema
• Experience with site/subnet design, planning, and implementation
• In depth experience with design, planning, and implementation of GPO's
• Verbal and written communication skills
• Engineering discipline
• Experience guiding and training less experienced staff
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or the equivalent combination of training, education and experience
• Working knowledge of Navy Federal business processes and applications
• Possess current awareness of professional standards, innovations and industry best practices
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180
*Due to COVID-19 and social distancing, this position will be temporarily working from home with plans to return to campus at the desired location listed once Navy Federal is back to normal operations. The specific logistics for returning to campus will be determined at a future date by individual leadership*
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
This position is eligible for the TalentQuest employee referral program. Please indicate the employee who referred you when applying.