YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
Engineer, create and implement state of the art end-to end IT solutions using the latest and most effective tools and technologies in Java. Demonstrate commanding authority and experiential depth in troubleshooting technical problems and creating meaningful resolutions.
The candidate will be highly proficient and experienced in all layers, front-end and back-end, of software development processes, methodologies, practices, and technologies existing and evolving in Java. In addition, the candidate will have sufficient familiarity and experience with tools and technologies relevant to system testing, code management and migration, relational and non-relational databases, IT security, middleware, SOA services, API management, CLOUD environment, and other related IT disciplines. The candidate will have the ability to take an assignment and drive it through all layers of development to a successful conclusion. He or she will have the ability to jump in any layer of development, quickly evaluate and troubleshoot issues and design, develop, test and implement a robust and meaningful solution. The candidate will actively participate in self-development. The candidate will use the strength of his/her knowledge and experience to research, innovate, and help create a culture of innovation and continuous process improvement.
1. Performs highly complex and challenging job functions independently. Acts as Subject Matter Expert in all core development matters and manages risks and expectations effectively
2. Has the ability to use proven concepts and methodologies in troubleshooting complex problems at any software development stage. Helps team members drive work forward in a timely and efficient way while maintaining quality and value
3. Is able to research and leverage industry trends to continue to build knowledge in the Payments space.
4. Is highly motivated and self-driven in taking initiatives and driving ideas to successful completion. Demonstrates flexibility in managing change in a professional manner
5. Establishes and maintains a wide base of solid working relationships with technical and business teams at all levels that can help accelerate timely resolutions. Is able to quickly draw upon resources to immediately address matters such as resolving differences in environmental configuration, setting up development or test environments, or clarifying business requirement
6. Uses exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
7. Exercises behavior that induces trust, confidence, empowerment, and collaboration
1. Has extensive work experience of more than 5 years in Java, related technical space with at least 4 years in-depth experience in Full Stack development
3. Is sufficiently familiar with tools and techniques and industry best practices used in gathering, analyzing, and documenting requirements.
4. Is experienced in following best practices and guidelines in the use of APIs and SOA services
5. Is familiar with the tools and techniques used in the User Interface and User Experience arena
6. Is a committed advocate of following secured coding guidelines and practices in mitigating security risks and vulnerabilities in the development space
7. Is highly effective in establishing, improving and implementing coding guidelines and best practices related to Java
8. Demonstrates command in understanding back- and front-end testing techniques and tools such as HP Quality Center and Jira.
9. Is proficient in the use of software code management and migration concepts and tools
• Java/J2EE – EJB, Hibernate, iBatis, JAX, JCE, JDBC, JSF, Servlet, Struts
• Database – DB2, DDL, DML, Derby, MySQL, Oracle, SQL Jobs, SQL Server, Teradata, Data Object Handling like BLOB, CLOBS, Tables and Indexes, Data Architecture, Explain Plan, Select Inserts, Table Joins (Inner and Outer), MongoDB, Hadoop
• Datapower XC10, X150/152
• IBM Integration Bus (IIB) – Administration and Development
• Application Servers – Websphere, IIS,
• Information Security – Authentication Concepts, Encryption/Decryption Concepts, SSL, PKI, Digital Signatures/Certificates, ISO, OWASP, PCIDSS
• Network – DNS, FTP/SFTP, Firewall, HTTP, Load Balancing Concepts, MQ Series, Routing, SMTP, TCP/IP
• Has knowledge and experience with the technical platforms, software applications, business logic, and rules and regulations related to Payment Service including ACH, Zelle, HotScan, Wires etc
• Bachelors related to Information Technology or equivalent work experience
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm with occasional weekends to support business needs
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180
*Due to COVID-19 and social distancing, this position will be temporarily working from home with plans to return to campus at the desired location listed once Navy Federal is back to normal operations. The specific logistics for returning to campus will be determined at a future date by individual leadership*
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.