YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
To analyze, design, implement, monitor and support an enterprise-wide technical architecture and data focusing on information security. To conduct analysis of critical information security systems, network architectures and infrastructures to detect information security deficiencies and provide complex problem resolution. Experience with infrastructure, agile, and/or cloud technology is preferred.
• Designs, implements, supports and maintains operational security policies and security solutions based on security standards and best practices. Analyzes, evaluates and determines security risks for submitted requests. Participates reviewing and analyzing internal projects that may have an impact on information security. Participates in reviewing and analyzing external connectivity issues that may impact security of Navy Federal and customers’ information. Coordinates with and supports information security efforts and provide guidance on risks and vulnerabilities related to common application protocols and Web services security.
• Supports a security philosophy of risk mitigation through proactive security awareness training, cost effective countermeasures, host-level security and security planning/integration. Assists in ensuring currency and authentication, encryption, and intrusion detection methods. Identifies and correlates security data and information technology and security risks.
• Serves as a consultant for strategic and business unit security issues and problems. Evaluates problem, identifies the root causes, coordinates resources, determines temporary measures and/or permanent solutions and recommends and/or implements measures to restore full services. Escalates and works with Senior or Lead levels to resolve more complex situations.
• Participates in new technology evaluations and implementations of information security systems. Researches and evaluates impact of the implementation of new security measures, systems and technologies into the corporate infrastructure, ensuring security best practices are met. Maintains network security knowledge by investigating new state-of-the-art technologies and methodologies,attending educational workshops, reviewing technical publications, performing technical hands-on evaluations and making recommendations to Information Security management. Maintains technical certifications in enterprise-wide information security competencies, network operating systems, network configuration, and tools development languages.
• Participates in the design and development of training for technical staff on information security technologies, methodologies, and best practices. Participates in the development of maintenance of formal documentation and procedures for information security architecture.
• Performs other related duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Degree in related area or combination of military and/or job experience and certifications
• Minimum of 7 years of experience that demonstrates knowledge and skill of information security technology
• Experience that demonstrates knowledge of information security analysis and design techniques
• Experience that demonstrates knowledge of data security practices and procedures, including risk assessment, authentication technologies, and security attack pathologies
• Experience in project planning and resource management
• Effective planning and organizational skills
• Effective research, analytical and problem solving skills
• Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including skill in negotiating and persuading others
• Ability to present findings and conclusions clearly and concisely
• Knowledge of NCUA and FFIEC regulations, GLBA, PCI, and other information security requirements and frameworks
Desired Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Bachelor Degree in business, information systems or related field
• CISSP, CISA CCSP or other Information Security certifications
• Novell CLE, CNE, MCNA, MSCE or other related certifications
• Knowledge of Navy Federal operations
• Strong knowledge of the financial services industry
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180
*Due to COVID-19 and social distancing, this position will be temporarily working from home with plans to return to campus at the desired location listed once Navy Federal is back to normal operations. The specific logistics for returning to campus will be determined at a future date by individual leadership*
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
This position is eligible for the TalentQuest employee referral program. Please indicate the employee who referred you when applying.