YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
Develop and lead HR strategic initiatives for Navy Federal and ensure these initiatives align with the enterprise strategy. Formulate partnerships throughout the organization and across the HR function to deliver value-added consulting and service to leadership and employees that reflect Navy Federal’s overall goals, strategies, mission, vision and culture. Create the Human Resource (HR) Business Partner Model for the enterprise by ensuring that the Strategic Business partners designated to client groups, understand and align organizational and business strategy with human capital strategy. Lead the HR Business Partners to enable change and transformation in the BUs through HR strategies and programs that support and reinforce change through our people.
• Develop and lead Navy Federal’s HR Business Partner Model
• Create human capital strategies that support the digital transformation and organizational transformation by leveraging best-in-class approaches for change management and change leadership
• Establish credibility throughout Navy Federal, and with executive peers, as an effective leader for HR
• Understand the vision, purpose and strategy of the business and how this creates and aligns with the HR strategy
• Develop, iterate and execute proactive short term and long term human capital strategies with designated client groups by leveraging analytics and providing insights
• Direct organizational effectiveness efforts by consulting on human capital solutions for business challenges
• Ensure HR Business Partners are in key roles on the leadership teams of client organizations, working as a coach to leaders and engaging in planning and strategy meetings to ensure business needs translate to HR strategy
• As a steward of positive employee experiences, effectively understand the “moments that matter” to our team members, and leverage these insights to identify ways to improve the employee experience
• Identify, interpret and leverage data to make informed human capital decisions as well as influence the business, helping to elevate Navy Federal’s employment brand and distinct culture
• Drive executional excellence and change management to broad based initiatives including talent reviews, inclusion and diversity, workforce planning, talent analytics, and overall process improvements
• Enable HR Business Partners to grow in their development and to create a cohesive team that leverages common challenges and BU goals to devise new and innovative solutions that promote talent engagement and growth
• Advocate for changes required from HR Centers of Excellence to ensure that HR processes continuously evolve to meet changing business requirements
• Support “one HR team” concept and partner extensively with peers to elevate the performance of the entire HR organization
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training, education, and experience
• Proven experience in leading an HR Business Partner model
• Experience within a best-in-class HR organization in significant leadership role(s) crossing multiple areas within HR
• Ability to translate business strategy into people strategy, programs and initiatives, then lead the execution of the programs
• Ability to identify new opportunities where Human Resources can add value and develop associated plans to incorporate ideas and promote new solutions
• Advanced knowledge of the relationships between HR Centers of Excellence and HR Business Partner model
• Proven experience and desire to serve in a consultative capacity to business leaders, shaping strategy, goals and alignment
• Advanced experience with transforming human capital strategies in partnership with the business
• Extensive experience in managing cross-functional, multi-dimensional teams and projects of the highest complexity which have business risk and impact
• Expert skill in coaching, influencing and building buy-in with business partners
• Ability to analyze and interpret business metrics and people analytics to development action plans and ensure successful implementation
• Familiarity with change management and organizational development strategies in order to influence and assist organizational change initiatives
• Exceptional business acumen
• Excellent communications skills, ability to share clear messages with impact, and desire to ensure 2 way-dialogue with employees at all levels of the organization
Desired Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Master's Degree or other advanced degree Human Resources Management, Finance or a related field, or the equivalent combination of training, education and experience
• Proven experience in establishing the HR Business Partner Model within an organization
• Technology and/or Financial Services industry experience
• Senior Professional Human Resource certificate
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180
*Due to COVID-19 and social distancing, this position will be temporarily working from home with plans to return to campus at the desired location listed once Navy Federal is back to normal operations. The specific logistics for returning to campus will be determined at a future date by individual leadership*
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.