YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
To control/collect on past due Consumer Loan and Credit Card accounts for all stages of delinquency, in accordance with all government and Navy Federal rules and regulations. Provide member financial counseling and mitigate loss for Navy Federal. Collect on 31-60 days delinquent accounts. Work independently on progressively more complex default accounts. Work with members to present recommendations for complex Consumer/Credit Card collection solutions. Process settlements, repossessions and/or negotiate loss mitigation offers to mitigate loss/risk. May provide advice/guidance to Delinquency Control Counselor I/II. Work with minimal supervision.
• Contact delinquent members in an attempt to cure delinquency utilizing all payment options and loss mitigation tools offered by Navy Federal
• Obtain detailed financial information from delinquent members and analyze information gathered to determine optimal solutions for curing delinquency
• Notate in Collection systems members’ arrangements, reason(s) for delinquency, and any offered charge-off alternatives offered to members
• Maintain working knowledge of the federal and state consumer protection laws (Unfair, Deceptive, or Abusive Acts or Practices; Fair Debt Collection Practices Act; Fair Credit Reporting Act; Service-members Civil Relief Act; etc.)
• Perform manager share transfers for amounts up to authorized limits
• Offer short/long term solutions including repayment plans, promises-to-pay, loan modifications, refinances, personal finance management, and deferral programs
• Explain and communicate relinquishing options such as settlements
• Provide guidance and coaching to less experienced staff
• Maintain awareness of changes in regulatory requirements and practices
• Ensure required notifications, including collection emails, letters, and any applicable state/regulatory letters, are sent timely to members
• Provide required reporting to supervisors, as well as specialized reports to Navy Federal management (including daily in-house, activity trends, and payment tracking)
• Use online tools and contact appropriate parties
• Perform other related duties as assigned or appropriate
Qualifications – All required unless otherwise noted
• Significant experience in collecting and negotiating on delinquent Consumer/Credit Card accounts
• Effective skill to work independently on progressively more complex Consumer/Credit Card default accounts
• Advanced knowledge of Consumer/Credit Card collection servicing accounts
• Working knowledge of bankruptcy, settlements, default reporting, repossession, loss mitigation and charge-off
• Effective skill in researching accounts, public records, internet, and other resources to identify means of contacting delinquent members
• Advanced knowledge of federal and state consumer protection laws (Unfair, Deceptive, or Abusive Acts or Practices; Fair Debt Collection Practices Act; Fair Credit Reporting Act; Service-members Civil Relief Act; etc.)
• Advanced planning, organizational, and time management skills
• Advanced research, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Effective skill exercising initiative and using good judgment to make sound decisions
• Advanced skill following, interpreting, and applying relevant data/instructions to guidelines, procedures, practices and regulations
• Advanced skill navigating multiple screens and PC applications and adapting to new technologies
• Working knowledge of Navy Federal processes and different types of transactions
Location: Greater Pensacola Area Campus
*Due to COVID-19 and social distancing, this position will be temporarily working from home with plans to return to campus at the desired location listed once Navy Federal is back to normal operations. The specific logistics for returning to campus will be determined at a future date by individual leadership.
Shift: Monday – Friday, 11:30am-8:00pm CST
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.