YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
To assist in managing, planning and oversight of the Operational Risk Management functions. Assist the Manager in planning, developing and implementing frameworks/measurement methodologies, policies, standards, and procedures related to operational risk management, quality control, and audit procedures. Implement effective programs and measures designed to identify and mitigate risks associated with these functions. Promote operational efficiency and service excellence through appropriate risk controls, process improvements and training while reducing and mitigating financial losses. May oversee the activities of Analysts or Supervisors. Responsible for executing the branch strategy.
•Oversee the process of functional reviews, root cause analysis, and analysis of operational risk
•Manage the identification and remediation of control deficiencies, develop solutions to strengthen controls, andoversee corrective actions to aid management decisions
•Communicate quality assurance procedures, existing protocols, and effective controls to improve products andservices
•Collaborate with staff, senior management, and business unit partners to assess and support organization riskmitigation needs by developing strategies, tactics, and quality review solutions
•Evaluate the adequacy of corrective action taken on past reviews and report on the status of approvedrecommendations
•Ensure risk solutions and programs align with strategic business initiatives and developing industry and internaltrends to achieve business and quality objectives
•Measure and evaluate the success of risk programs to determine their effectiveness and to ensure the businessunits’ adherence to the risk framework requirements, internal policies, and best practices
•Stays abreast of regulatory compliance standards, new and developing risk trends and best practices
•Provide feedback to ensure training is in full compliance with all applicable statutory requirements and NavyFederal policies, procedures, rules, regulations, and values
•Manage and/or conduct systems analyses/assessments and recommend and implement solutions toenhance/upgrade systems
•Represent the business unit as liaison and spokesperson regarding risk and quality initiatives
•Ensure risk control recommendations/solutions support optimal internal/external exam/audit preparedness
•Perform supervisory/managerial responsibilities:
o Set direction to ensure goals and objectives align with corporate and division strategy
o Select management and other key personnel; oversee talent development/succession planning
o Collaborate with leadership/executive colleagues to develop/execute corporate initiatives and/or department strategy
o Oversee the preparation and execution of department/division AFP
o Manage merit pay in accordance with specified objectives and guidelines
o Leadership Level
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience
• Good understanding of operational and regulatory risks and controls, including knowledge of risk management techniques from both detection and mitigation perspectives
• Thorough understanding of risk assessment methodology and systems
• Experience managing audits
• Significant knowledge of, and proficiency in, data analysis, reporting, and operations research, including the ability to develop conclusions and feasible alternatives to formulate courses of action, including forecasting and cost-benefit analysis
• Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to guide others and prioritize multiple duties to achieve results in a multi-tasked, time sensitive office environment
• Extensive experience managing multi-dimensional teams and projects which involve organization, holding strategy and status meetings, planning, motivating, and managing the work of participants
• Strong problem solving and decision making skills and the ability to work independently, exercise sound judgment and initiative, display a high degree of initiative, and manage multiple priorities effectively
• Highly effective interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, including the ability to persuade and influence management decisions, to interact effectively with all levels of staff, and to communicate complex information in an easily understandable manner
• Excellent organizational, planning, and time management skills
• Familiarity with automated systems used in the business unit
• Desired – Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field
• Desired – Risk Management or Regulatory Compliance Certification such as ICBBR, FRM, or NCCO
• Desired – Knowledge of Navy Federal's functions, philosophy, products, and services
• Desired – Knowledge of NCUA regulations
• Desired - Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) distinction
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00AM - 4:30PM
Location: 820 Follin Lane Vienna, VA. 22180
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.