YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
To supervise the operations of the Funds Services Projects team in its goal to prioritize, plan, organize, and execute full lifecycle project management for large scale, multi-dimensional initiatives. Collaborate with the Manager to prioritize project activities affecting operations, specifically division goals, projects, automated systems, processes, and procedures to ensure they meet business goals. Direct, coordinate, and oversee comprehensive and quantitative analyses and indepth studies relating to operational functions, workflows, processes, and other business unit related issues. Ensure compliance with Federal/state laws, regulatory agencies, vendor/third party requirements, industry standards/practices, and Navy Federal policies. Formulate, analyze, and modify policies, procedures, and methods to ensure continuous operations and improve efficiency, productivity, and quality member service. Identify and recommend practices and innovative techniques to reduce costs relative to income and react effectively to membership/market needs.
• Coordinate development of project definition, charter, scope, requirements, and business stakeholders; communicates key constraints or scope changes to leadership
• Prioritize and schedule projects and initiatives per Division/Department goals
• Supervise business and functional requirements through the development and analysis of business process maps, use cases, report requirements, impact analyses, processes, and procedures; assist in the identification and communication of discrepancies and errors in functionality
• Recommend prospective solutions; oversee vendor RFI/RFP and contract activities ensuring completeness of business requirements and delivery expectations
• Supervise resources in support of planned initiatives; assigns project managers and project team members; serves as point of contact for projects
• Manage pre- and post-project projections and goal assessments
• Lead the monitoring and evaluation of processes that provide the member experience and ensures maximum functionality and efficiency
• Oversee projects and initiatives designed to improve the efficiency of automated systems and internal processes and capabilities
• Review quality assurance techniques and the progress of projects to ensure goals and objectives have been met
• Recommend technical and functional solutions to requirements and develops metrics to measure effectiveness
• Review ideas, suggestions, and recommendations for merit and project consideration
• Coordinate inter-process releases with other process owners
• Perform supervisory/managerial responsibilities
o Ensure adequate/skilled staffing; select employees
o Establish performance goals and priorities
o Prepare, conduct and review performance appraisals
o Develop, mentor and counsel staff
o Provide input and/or prepare budgetary requirements for Annual Financial Plan (AFP)
o Ensure section/branch goals and objectives align with division/department strategy
o Ensure efficiency of operations
o Leadership level – Supervise daily activities
• Perform other related duties as assigned
Qualifications – All required unless otherwise noted
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training, education, and experience
• Extensive experience managing complex full life-cycle projects or teams to include cost, resource, time management
• Experience which includes performing investigative analysis and development work that demonstrates the ability to use and interpret regulations, specifications, instructions, procedures, and policies
• Experience leading, guiding, and mentoring direct reports in a supervisory role
• Proficiency in statistical methods, mathematical techniques, and related analytical tools including forecasting and cost benefit analysis
• Extensive Tableau and data mining knowledge
• Knowledge of operations, products/services, policies, practices, and procedures related to the activities of the business unit
• Knowledge of state and Federal laws; industry regulations, principles, and practices; and company policies that govern the activities of the section
• Experience in change management and leading and directing the work of other participants in the project or task
• Demonstrated ability to persuasively, clearly, and diplomatically communicate, both verbally and in writing, to all levels of management and to external entities
• Proficiency with PCs and word processing, spreadsheet, database, reporting, and presentation software
• Desired - Working knowledge of of ACH rules and policies
• Desired - College degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Marketing, or related field
• Desired - PMP Certification (or commensurate experience managing cross-organization projects)
• Desired - Familiarity with business strategies, business models, Lean principles, Six Sigma
• Desired - Working knowledge of Navy Federal and NCUA policies, instructions, and regulations
• Desired - Familiarity with Navy Federal’s Project Management Portfolio
• Desired - Working knowledge of Navy Federal’s systems
Hours: Monday - Friday; 9:00 - 5:00PM
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna VA 22180
*Due to COVID-19 and social distancing, this position will be temporarily working from home with plans to return to campus at the desired location listed once Navy Federal is back to normal operations. The specific logistics for returning to campus will be determined at a future date by individual leadership.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.