This job posting is no longer active
YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
To ensure collateralized loans have valid and appropriate proof of ownership to minimize Navy Federal financial risk. Verify accounts comply with promissory notes and loan guidelines. Maintain and administer Navy Federal's collateral tracking database. Evaluate processes and resource materials and recommend updates/improvements. Advise supervisor and peers of regulatory or procedural changes implemented by titling agencies. Establish cooperative relationships with internal and external partners to ensure procedures are followed accurately to minimize risk of loss to Navy Federal. Serve as collateral subject matter expert. Research, resolve, and respond to inquiries/issues from members, state DMVs, dealerships, and others concerning collateral issues and loan compliance. Remain current on applicable state regulations, NCUA, and Navy Federal policies and procedures. Facilitate collateral control training for staff in other business units. Work under moderate supervision.
• Regularly review member account data and/or documentation to ensure data is accurate, up-to-date and in compliance with government and Navy Federal guidelines
• Maintain systematic, consistent and reliable notes and contact history information on each member interaction and actions taken on accounts
• Record, track and report member concerns to management
• Track and update action items in database(s)
• Collect, prepare and maintain data for analysis, reports and reference
• Contact registered owners, state and federal titling agencies, vehicle dealerships, etc. to resolve discrepancies with title issues and loan compliance; identify and perform related follow-up actions
• Analyze, research and resolve problems and discrepancies related to member accounts/loans
• Initiate and ensure corrective action to member accounts and/or documentation to ensure complete and accurate documentation
• Determine appropriate documentation for lien placement; prepare letters/forms and forward to member; track and follow-up to ensure forms are returned
• Respond to inquiries; offer solutions to members, other business units and external organizations
• Release titles, reverse loan rates and recommend account refinances and/or changes of collateral on accounts that do not comply with loan guidelines
• Monitor, review, interpret and process requests; initiate adjustments within defined scope of authority
• Perform other related duties as assigned
Qualifications – All required unless otherwise noted
Experience in member/customer service preferably in a call center, retail banking or financial institution
• Exposure to work which addresses/resolves collateral issues and inquiries
• Familiarity with state laws regarding collateral procedures, title policies and loan perfection
• Working knowledge of consumer lending principles, policies and financial practices
• Working knowledge of accounting, credit, and/or lending principles and techniques
• Working knowledge of financial institution and lending practices, principles and regulations
• Effective skill verbal and written communication skills
• Effective skill interacting with staff, management, vendors and members diplomatically and tactfully
• Effective skill exercising initiative and using good judgment to make sound decisions
• Effective database and presentation software skills
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Effective clerical, technical or administrative skills
• Effective skill following, interpreting and applying relevant data/instructions to guidelines, procedures, practices and regulations
• Effective research, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Working knowledge of applicable NCUA and federal regulations governing consumer lending and/or credit cards
• Working knowledge of multiple financial products such as consumer or mortgage loans, credit cards, savings/checking accounts, etc.
• Desired – Experience in a Member Service Representative role or similar customer service position, preferably in a financial institution
Hour:Monday-Friday 11:30AM - 8:00PM CST
Location:5550 Heritage Oaks Drive Pensacola, FL. 32526
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.