YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
The Lending Analytics team is looking to fill a year-round internship role. The position works closely with members of the Analytics team on a variety of process improvement and report design projects across all Navy Federal Credit Union Lending Divisions. Along with Collaborate initiatives, the role requires that the individual demonstrate the ability to take direction and work independently on tasks. The candidate should exhibit an instinct in problem solving as well as a curiosity about learning new software tools and business concepts.
It is preferred that the candidate is working on a degree in computer science, economics, finance, mathematics or statistics. Additionally, the individual should be able to demonstrate comfort with applications in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
The hours are flexible to fit with the student’s academic schedule, but in total up to 30 hours per week.
Learning Objectives for Co-Op
Technical Skill Development:
• Developing comfort with data mining and dashboard tools (Excel, JMP, Python, R, SAS)
• Using SQL to extract information from internal data sources
• Building graphs and presentations in Microsoft PowerPoint and Tableau
• Growing Advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, conditional formulas, Visual Basic)
• Exploring new skill generation
Critical Thinking and Business Understanding:
• Tracking the impact of internal business decisions and their results
• Understanding the competitive market forces that impact our lending business
• Supporting assumptions and analytical discoveries with underlying research
• Understanding business processes and opportunities for enhancements
Communication and Managing Projects:
• Explaining research findings in written and oral presentations
• Working in a collaborative team setting to accomplish long-term projects
• Keeping team management informed of progress while working independently
• Developing project timelines to meet expected deadlines
Hours: Minimum of 20 hours per week/ flexible based on class schedule
Location: 5550 Heritage Oaks Drive, Pensacola, FL 32526
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.