YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
Navy Federal’s Microsoft Infrastructure Engineering Organization fosters a collaborative environment and is building a best-in-class team that manages, enhances, and protects Navy Federal information and its Microsoft Windows server environment. #dice
As a Microsoft Infrastructure Engineer, you are expected to be a subject matter expert with hands-on experience with Microsoft Server technologies, tools and methodologies, preferably with a focus on using PowerShell. This role is suited for an experienced Engineer with proven understanding of Windows Server management best practices, and will focus on supporting and improving Navy Federal’s Windows Server environment.
• Advanced experience with Windows Server 2012 – 2019 engineering and administration.
• Ability to perform deep dive troubleshooting of the Windows Server operating system.
• Experience with Windows share and folder access, clustering, and security best practices.
• Experience with the Windows operating system build process.
• Experience automating processes and developing automation.
• 5+ years’ experience working in a senior technical role.
• Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or the equivalent combination of training, education, and experience.
• MCSE certification preferred.
• Effective organizational, planning, and time management skills.
Desired Technical Skills
• Experience with MECM, SCO and/or SCOM.
• Hands-on development and scripting in PowerShell.
• Experience with Cisco UCS and supporting systems.
• Experience with VMware or equivalent virtualization platforms.
• Knowledge of and experience with Active Directory and Group Policy.
• Experience Azure and/or Azure Stack Hub to include IaaS and PaaS support.
• Experience using Azure Automation tools for both cloud and on premise resources.
• Experience with MS SQL, SSRS, and Power BI.
• Actionable knowledge of DNS, DHCP, Firewalls, and VIPs/Load Balancers as they pertain to managing and supporting a server infrastructure.
• Financial industry experience preferred.
• Contribute to the vision, strategy, and execution of the Windows Server environment.
• Develop, update, maintain, and implement automation to simplify and streamline the management of the Windows server environment.
• Provisioning and decommissioning both physical and virtual Windows Servers.
• Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to Windows Server operating system, Cisco UCS server hardware platform, and their management tools.
• Creation and modification of AD groups, objects, and policies as they relate to the management of Windows Servers.
• Develop, update, maintain, and implement server hardening policies.
• Provide day to day operational support, and perform engineering tasks and assignments in support of business needs.
• Monitor compliance with the organization's information security policies and procedures among employees, contractors and third parties, and manage remediation efforts for any gaps reported in audits or recommended process improvements.
• Respond to security vulnerabilities identified through periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments of the Windows Server infrastructure.
• Participate in Information Security Incident Response activities for the NFCU’s environment.
• Perform engineering technology research, procurement, deployment, and configuration for new and modified systems and toolsets.
• Present clear, organized, and concise information, on various aspects of the Windows Server environment, to all audiences through a variety of media to enable effective business decisions and action.
• Develop and maintain documentation of all aspects of the environment, supporting systems, and procedures.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180
*Due to COVID-19 and social distancing, this position will be temporarily working from home with plans to return to campus at the desired location listed once Navy Federal is back to normal operations. The specific logistics for returning to campus will be determined at a future date by individual leadership*
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.