YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
To capture, validate and process remittances (e.g., checks such as personal, business, estate and international; money orders; cashier checks, etc.) from multiple sources/systems (e.g., mail, ATM image, e-deposits, etc.) ensuring the timely negotiability of items. Verify accuracy and proper posting of transactions. Research multiple systems (e.g., remittance processing, UAD, ETS, VINTEK, etc.) and resources to ensure remittance and check processing are in compliance with internal and federal regulations. Ensure Navy Federal mail safety, negotiable instrument handling and check fraud procedures are followed. Work under supervision.
• Process and track transactions including time sensitive or exception remittances to ensure timely posting
• Apply federal regulations to loan and deposit processing
• Identify and make processing decisions on remittances that require special handling based on sender, condition of remittance, established procedures and applicable processing system
• Key routine and exception items in all remittance processing platforms
• Research various resources, databases, and systems (e.g., multiple Navy Federal, vendor, government, etc.) to determine appropriate action
• Determine negotiability or acceptance of financial instruments (e.g., personal/third party checks and/or Navy Federal drafts), according to organizational policies and procedures/member’s instructions and returns nonnegotiable or incomplete remittances
• Research member accounts and determine funds entitlement or distribution for proper allocation of remittance or check deposit
• Perform first level review of transactions; follow due diligence steps regarding regulations and fraud; escalate as appropriate
• May ensure timely and accurate distribution of mail while adhering to mail handling security procedures
• May identify and sort mail remittances by hand and/or operating extraction and scanning equipment
• Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications – All required unless otherwise noted
• Exposure to performing clerical or administrative duties/responsibilities
• Basic skill navigating multiple screens and PC applications and adapting to new technologies
• Basic keyboarding/typing skills
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Basic skill performing mathematical calculations and working accurately with numbers
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with a high degree of accuracy
• Basic skill following and completing computer delivered instructions
• Desired – Experience in a Member Service Representative role or similar customer service position, preferably in a financial institution
• Desired – Familiarity with the Uniform Commercial Code, Regulation CC and other related regulations
Hours: Monday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday, 6:30 a.m - 5:00 p.m
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna VA 22180
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.