YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
To support Navy Federal’s business objectives by negotiating, executing, and managing commercial contracts for the acquisition of goods and services. Works independently with very limited guidance or oversight.
• Draft, review, and negotiate a variety of complex commercial contracts
• Establish acquisition strategy to include solicitation method, vendor selection process and/or justifications for sole/single source acquisition, the type of contract to be used for the acquisition, terms and conditions, requirements, milestones, etc.
• Provide advice to internal stakeholders on contractual matters, requirements, risk management, and mitigation strategies
• Coordinate/develop pre-negotiation objectives
• Lead negotiations on contract modifications with stakeholder input
• Anticipate contractual issues and present recommendations to address and solve
• Ensure the level of effort and attention to detail is commensurate with the complexity, value, and risk associated with the acquisition
• Pre-award phase: collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop a robust acquisition strategy that includes clear and measureable requirements, appropriate milestones, and clearly defined acceptance criteria
o Plan, develop, analyze, and oversee the solicitation process for large and complex purchases
o Facilitate development of acceptable service level agreements in contracts requiring definitive levels of service or contracts in which service outages have substantial negative impacts
o Assess contractual sufficiency and recommend appropriate actions to stakeholders
o Award or recommend contracts within delegated contracting authority for award
• Post Award: Retain overall responsibility for life of contract and monitoring of performance, compliance, and other contractual obligations
o Coordinate and oversee contract administration and contract quality assurance to include adherence to service level agreements and requirements satisfaction
o Coordinate and oversee contract issue resolution
o Track Key Service Provider requirements and activities; track funding
o In conjunction with the stakeholder and Office of General Counsel, prepare Navy Federal’s position on contract disputes and recommend a decision for dispute settlements
• Build and maintain relationships with senior leadership, team members, key stakeholders and/or external contacts (vendors, etc.)
• Ensure clear, concise, and effective communication
• Provide guidance for lower level specialists
• Maintain databases and update internal/external systems to ensure proper recording of vendor contracts and related documents, etc.
• Perform other related duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree or above in Business, Contract Management, Information Technology or related field
• Extensive experience in contract law/ terms/conditions
• Extensive experience in acquisition planning, strategy development, negotiations, contract management and administration, pricing analysis, and acquisition related requirements
• Advanced knowledge of commercial and business practices to develop, execute and manage contracts
• Advanced knowledge evaluating and mitigating risk in contracts
• Significant experience in written bid/proposal preparation
• Expert skill exercising initiative and using good judgment to make sound decisions
• Effective word processing and spreadsheet software skills
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills
• Advanced knowledge of cost containment strategies
• Ability to multitask and work effectively, both independently and in a team environment, ensuring timely completion of assignments and meeting established standards
• Advanced research, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Effective skill interacting tactfully and effectively in difficult situations
Desired Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Juris Doctorate or other advanced degree preferred
• Advanced knowledge of contract law
• Extensive experience reviewing and negotiating major contracts, including marketing, software, licensing, SaaS, IaaS, and PaaS agreements
• Knowledge of Navy Federal products, services, policies, and procedures
• Knowledge of Navy Federal's Information Technology infrastructure
• Certification by the National Contract Management Association, Institute for Supply Management, or other nationally accredited source
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna VA 22180
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.