YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
This position is part of the Card Fraud Prevention Analytics team within Security and will focus on analysis, optimization, and reporting.
• Perform qualitative and quantitative analysis using analytical techniques, tools, models, simulations, etc.
• Interpret results of analysis; present recommendations, alternatives and implications
• Prepare/collaborate on presentations, reports, white papers, etc.
• Analyze fraud intelligence, data resources, and trends to identify predictive and/or active fraud risk impacts
• Analyze and produce metrics and key performance indicators from analytical results to identify risk and mitigate financial loss from fraud activities
• Assist and support the development of fraud prevention processes across the organization (e.g., changes to risk criteria, executive briefings, and remedial actions)
• Collaborate with cross functional teams to produce data analyses and findings
• Define, analyze and study financial and operational issues
• Evaluate operational efficiency and effectiveness
• Drive continuous process improvement to increase deliverable quality and maintain high operational efficiency
• Anticipate business issues and identify solutions
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, or related field, or the equivalent combination of training, education, and experience
• Advanced research, data querying, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Proven experience writing efficient SQL queries connecting to various data sources
• Advanced experience in the use of data analysis and statistical software (e.g. JMP or SPSS)
• Expert level of proficiency in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio)
• Advanced skill interpreting and applying oral and written instructions
• Advanced analytical/quantitative, reconciliation and deductive reasoning skills
• Advanced skill communicating complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences
• Advanced skill presenting findings, conclusions, alternatives and information clearly and concisely
• Advanced experience data visualization and creating dashboards with such tools as PowerBI, Tableau, etc.
• Advanced skill in project management to include establishing managing timelines/deadlines/tasks; ensuring successful project implementation
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Desired - working knowledge of NFCU systems, policies, procedures, products, services, and organization
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm (additional hours as needed)
Location: 5550 Heritage Oaks Drive, Pensacola, FL 32526
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.