YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
To analyze, determine, and complete building maintenance requirements pertaining to construction, alteration, installation, and repairs. To serve as project manager for building maintenance projects.
This position is physical and requires a certain degree of agility to bend, reach, stoop, climb, and work in uncomfortable positions. Work requires lifting and carrying moderately heavy materials and equipment
• Analyzes, determines, an completes building maintenance requirements including construction, alteration, installation, and repairs of buildings, equipment and furnishings
• Constructs cabinets, shelves, and other specialty items
• Performs preventive maintenance on the building and its furnishings
• Manages the Equipment Maintenance Program for the section through coordination of the following responsibilities: developing and maintaining a preventative maintenance checklist for the section’s equipment, instructing section staff on preventative maintenance procedures and monitoring compliance with preventative maintenance procedures
• Trains employees on the operation of equipment and may be designated as Lead of the team
• Researches, documents, and communicates, and observes compliance of Navy Federal Credit Union, local, state, and federal regulatory guidelines pertaining to building maintenance
• Serve as project manager for building maintenance projects, coordinates and directs the work of assistants and contractors
• Conducts job analysis to determine the scope of each project in terms of requirements versus resources and work closing with customers, contractors, and various levels of Navy Federal Credit Union
• Selects contract candidates to participate in a competitive bidding process
• Recommends the most qualified contractor after analysis of cost and quality is completed
• Ensures scheduled completion of project by working with the customer, contractor and various levels of Navy Federal Credit Union employees
• Reviews technical documentation and blueprints provided by outside architects/engineers and contractors
• Inspects work of external contractors and vendors for quality and adherence to contract specifications
• Provides technical guidance to staff in other building trades (Electrical Services, Maintenance Services, Plumbers)
• Completes service orders initiated by Navy Federal Credit Union employees at all levels assigned by the Supervisor, Mechanical Services and notifies customer when it has been completed
• Assembles, disassembles, and repairs furnishings and partitions following manufacturer instructions
• Inspects building systems (ie roof, flooring, finishes, architectural elements) and diagnoses structural problems, malfunctions, or desired alterations
• Makes recommendations to the Service Supervisor concerning safety issues, code compliance, and the assignment of apprentices on projects
• Performs other duties as assigned or appropriate
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Must possess driver’s license
• Experience that demonstrates thorough knowledge, skill and successful performance of job functions at the journeyman level
• Successful completion of the Apprenticeship Program for carpenters or formal training equivalent
• Thorough knowledge of local, state, and national building codes
• Knowledge of the tools, mathematics, codes, materials and safety regulations associated with the carpentry trade
• Ability to work independently and as a team member to gain the cooperation of others
• Effective interpersonal and verbal communication skills
• Ability to lift, move, and set-up tools, equipment and furniture weighing in excess of 50 lbs
Desired Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna VA 22180
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.