This job posting is no longer active
YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
To support ISD and the enterprise by providing comprehensive architectural leadership in translating Navy Federal’s business vision and strategy into effective IT and business capabilities through the design, implementation, and integration of IT systems. Act as the overall technology thought leader within Information Services to drive digital transformation through APIs across the enterprise accelerating creation of world class software products and services for our members and employees. Provide strategic analysis and recommendations to influence key decisions by executive leadership.
• Align/drive Navy Federal’s architectural strategies with Navy Federal business and ISD strategic goals
• Apply creative thinking approach to develop technical solutions that further business goals and align with corporate technology strategies, keeping in mind performance, reliability, scalability, usability, security, flexibility, and cost
• Create architectures around cloud native applications which can work across public, private and hybrid clouds
• Develop architectures around modern API Management frameworks that can be deployed in both B2B and B2C scenarios
• Research and evaluate new and/or alternative solutions and technologies to enhance operational effectiveness, reduce costs and/or system risks
• Anticipate internal and/or external business challenges including regulatory; recommend process, product or service enhancements
• Articulate architectural solutions and explain the competitive advantages of various alternatives
• Provide technology thought leadership around modernizing the banking core by creating a data virtualization layer accelerating the path to cloud enabled core enabling real time transactions
• Continually monitor the financial services technology landscape to track the latest innovations across the industry and communicate relevant information to ISD leadership
• Develop and apply architectural governance based on business and information technology strategies
• Develop/apply architectural reference patterns that guide the selection, development, implementation and use of information technology within the enterprise
• Plan, develop, review and enforce enterprise architectural standards and ensure architectural strategies are consistently applied
• Provide forward thinking technical expertise in current and emerging technologies, trends and practices
• Provide technical leadership in the architecture discipline and development of information technology solutions
• Build and maintain relationships with team members, management, key stakeholders and/or external contacts (vendors, etc.)
• Develop architectural documentation and/or artifacts for use in technology projects, mentoring, internal training and product evaluation
• Lead, guide and mentor professional staff
• Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications – All required unless otherwise noted
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or the equivalent combination of training, education, and experience
• Expert knowledge and hands on experience with Mulesoft Anypoint/Apigee, Microservices, Istio/Service Mesh, Spring Framework and Open API Specification/RAML
• Expert knowledge and hands on experience with Azure Architecture, Pivotal/Tanzu platform/Tanzu Kubernetes Grid etc.
• Integration experience with enterprise platforms Salesforce, Oracle HCM/PeopleSoft and CRM/Dynamics
• Expert skill in implementing security using OAuth, SAML, JWT and OpenID Connect etc.
• Extensive experience in enterprise-wide infrastructure digital technologies and platforms in the following: PaaS, IaaS, SaaS, iPaaS, APIs, MicroServices, Analytics, hybrid cloud, mainframe, storage, network etc.
• Extensive experience in digital banking business transformation, strategy development, business model innovation, service design and architecture, operating model design and transformation planning
• Extensive experience in architecting and implementing cloud native architectures across Azure and AWS
• Extensive experience in cloud native architectures and technologies (e.g., Azure, AWS, Containers, Continuous Integration and Delivery, API Management Platform, API Security, B2B, B2C etc.)
• Expert knowledge of IT architectural paradigms and concepts, including Cloud Infrastructure, Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA), event-driven architecture (EDA), and API development
• Deliver ideas for Proof of Concepts (POCs) and clearly articulate business value, and alignment with evolving market needs and best practices
• Assist with developing and presenting recommendations to executive leadership based on Proof of Concepts (POCs) of emerging technologies that clearly articulates business value, and alignment with Navy Federal business strategy
• Extensive experience in work as an engineer or technical subject matter expert in the following areas: infrastructure (hybrid cloud), data, application, APIs, integration patterns, security related technologies
• Significant experience in the financial services sector and a good understanding of operational and regulatory risks and controls
• Advanced skill in formulating a strategic vision and defining and implementing action plans to achieve strategic goals
• Scout market trends, new ideas and perspectives and draw on simple observations of sector research/deep marketplace/business environment awareness, global factors and patterns to drive breakthrough potential
• Participate in efforts to build short and long-term technology plans for assigned business domains
• Participate in vendor evaluations as needed to ensure vendor selections meet desired technology capabilities
• Develop and champion innovation tools, methodologies, and approaches to cultivate ideas and opportunities that are diverse, unique, drive quality and speed to market
• Advanced knowledge of Agile frameworks (e.g., SAFE)
• Expert problem solving, collaboration, critical thinking, team building, and presentation skills
• Expert knowledge of project management methodologies such as Agile or other project management practices used in iterative development environments
• Expert skill to influence, guiding strategic thinking, negotiate and persuade to reach agreeable exchange and positive outcomes
• Expert skill in effectively communicating technical and non-technical issues and information clearly and concisely to all levels of management and staff
• Advanced skill creating system, architecture diagrams and presentations for review by both technical and non-technical audiences
• Expert skill translating complex business requirements into functional architecture solutions
• Significant experience in working with all levels of staff, management, stakeholders and vendors
• Significant experience in leading, guiding and mentoring professional staff
• Expert verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
• Advanced skill troubleshooting and resolving technical problems
• Expert skill in results-oriented leadership in a challenging environment
• Desired - Certifications in Azure development/architecture, Mulesoft Anypoint, Apigee, Azure APIM, Java, Pivotal Cloud Foundry etc.
• Desired – Advanced knowledge of banking/financial industry standards and practices
• Desired – Advanced knowledge of Navy Federal’s functions, philosophy, operations and organizational objectives
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
5550 Heritage Oaks Drive, Pensacola, FL 32526
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.