This job posting is no longer active
YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
DoD SkillBridge is an excellent opportunity as you transition out of the military and permits you to use to the last 180 days of Service to work and learn wtih an industry partner. SkillBridge offers ligible Service Members curently approved to participate in the SkillBridge program the opportunity to gain first-and experience and insight into Navy Federal's business, technology, resources and procedures by providing support in focused areas, applying knowledge and education.
Please note- This position is remote until further notice based on business need
To plan and supervise the activitis of the Personal Finance Management team responsible for providing financial counseling and education to members. Establish performance standards, key performance indicatos, and tracking methods to measure staff performance. Serve as subject matter exper regarding section functions, policies, and procedures. May act as Assistant Manager in the incumbent's absense.
• Supervise operations to ensure section objectives, production goals, standards, and strategies are executed and align with division priorities
• Identify and resolve operational and performance gaps and obstacles; recommend and implement changes and improvements
• Monitor counselor and admin support calls, provide feedback on monitored calls, and oversee the production of counselors and administrative support staff
• Review and approve assistance for members within authorized limits (e.g., Collection Extensions, Reduced Interest Rates, Refinances, waiving accrued interest, etc.)
• Collaborate with Internal Audit and Compliance and provide feedback on audit findings and compliance related concerns
• Develop and revise procedures, processes, and training programs/materials
• Respond to and resolve complex personal finance questions, urgent member related issues, escalated calls and written communication
• Perform quality control audits to ensure compliance with applicable federal and state laws, rules, regulations and NFCU policies and procedures
• Participate in business process automation implementation and coordinate/oversee user acceptance testing
• Research, gather and synthesize data; present conclusions and recommendations to management
• Prepare reports and presentations for management
• Serve on teams and task groups for projects/initiatives within the business unit and/or across the organization
• Build partnerships and promote cross functional collaboration with other business units to analyze and improve processing procedures and resolve problems
• Maintain knowledge of applicable federal and state laws, rules, regulations and NFCU policies and procedures
• Monitor and ensure annual continuing education credits are maintained by certified counselors
• Promote a high level of employee engagement, transparency, communication and accountability
• Conduct personal finance presentations and oversee classes and workshops
• Perform supervisory/managerial responsibilities:
o Ensure adequate/skilled staffing; select employees
o Establish performance goals and priorities
o Prepare, conduct, and review performance appraisals
o Develop, mentor, and counsel staff
o Provide input and/or prepare budget requirements for Annual Financial Plan (AFP)
o Ensure section/branch goals and objectives align with division/department strategy
o Ensure efficiency of operations
o Leadership Level – Supervise daily activities
• Approved to participate in the SkillBridge program with your military installation command, click here to learn more about the application process: https://dodskillbridge.usalearning.gov/how-to-apply.htm
• Advanced knowledge of banking/financial industry trends, products, services, couseling, credit and/or collections practices
• Approved Advanced knowledge of applicable federal and state laws, rules and regulations (e.g; Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Bankruptcy Reform Act, BSA, CFPB, NCUA, etc.)
• Advanced skill exercising initiative and using good judgement to make sound decisons
• Advanced organizational, planning, time management, research,analytical, and problem solving skills
• Advanced skill assimilating information, analyzing facts and developing logical conclusions, interacting tactfully and effectfully, and conflict management
• Approved Experience working in a supervisory and/or lead capacity, preferably in a financial instituion
• Approved Significant experience working with all levels of staff, management, stakeholders, and vendors.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.