YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
The Scrum Master works closely with the Product Owner to prioritize and lead delivery of the initiative’s capabilities by removing impediments, facilitating team meetings and events, and fostering an environment for high performance. The Scrum Master manages a continuous workflow of their team. They advocate, adopt and coach their team on lean, agile and scrum practices. Lead the most complex, essential projects with minimal supervision and wide latitude for independent judgment. Reserved for the most highly skilled practitioners with direct accountability for results. Individual contributor and mentor to more junior staff.
• Exhibit behaviors of a Lean-Agile Leader through mindset; helps the team embrace SAFe core values, adopt and apply SAFe principles and implement SAFe practices
• Support the team rules of Scrum, eliminate impediments and lead the team in efforts for relentless improvement and heightened efficiency
• Ensure technology and service delivery roadmap support the solution strategy and are sustainable to meet the needs of the various solutions being delivered on that product
• Facilitate the team’s progress toward team goals; utilizing the current Program Increment (PI) Objectives as Iteration Goals
• Ensure that goals, scope and product backlog items are understood and can be fulfilled by team members
• Collaborate with Product Owner, customers and developers to identify and clarify scope of problems/issues in terms of business/systems requirements and processes
• Support the team’s efforts to continuously improve communications and relationships with other delivery teams; represent the team in the Scrum of Scrums (SoS), helping the team remain aware of engagement opportunities and program effectiveness
• Engage in challenging the old norms of development to improve performance in the areas of quality, predictability, flow, and velocity
• Support software development teams in applying the Scrum framework
• Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• 5-10 years deep functional and technical expertise in at least 1 analytics or business intelligence application or product
• Significant project management experience, as well as strong fundamentals in advanced analytics, data integration, and visualization
• Experience in Cloud Application (e.g. Azure, Data Bricks)
• Proficient in software development and system administration
• Significant experience in resource allocation and management
• Extensive experience in leading, guiding and coaching professional staff
• Significant experience leading agile development teams and facilitating team meetings in Agile environment
• Expert knowledge of development or operations framework methodologies, including Agile principles
• Advanced database and presentation software skills
• Advanced research, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Advanced skill in building strategic and execution–focused plans and alliances with partner leadership
Desired Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Advanced degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
• CSM and/or PMI-ACP certification
• In-depth knowledge and experience in Banking/Finance/Investments, familiar with terminology, concepts and business processes and systems
• Familiarity with industry standards and regulations
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Location: All NFCU campuses
Remote Work Policy: Remote work is available for all positions contingent on business need and manager discretion
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.