YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
To plan, manage, and execute all aspects of life-cycle projects from inception through implementation. To develop project plans and deliver solutions on schedule and within budget in support of service innovations and organizational and process changes/enhancements.
• Ensures effective management of projects from inception through implementation
• Defines, develops and executes project plans, including scope definition, expectations, activities, cost estimates, and schedules
• Works with the business group to determine and understand business requirements
• Manages projects from concept through the planning, analysis, design, testing, implementation, and transition phases
• Develops clear and concise “big picture” of projects within Navy Federal organizational goals
• Directs and leads Project Teams by developing and coordinating work plans, schedules, milestones, deliverables, and training
• Manages project budgets including risk and impact of changes to project plans
• Identifies and minimizes project risks or constraints that would impact project deliverables
• Identifies, communicates, and resolves branch/division/department areas of concern, or cross-organizational that may impede or impact other projects/initiatives
• Maintains/archives project documentation
• Ensures project deliverables are met in accordance with customers’ expectations
• Sets, manages, and communicates client expectations for the project
• Oversees project progress to ensure project documentation and schedules are in compliance with previously agreed requirements and standards
• Identifies, escalates and/or resolves issues associated with project(s) ensuring deliverables conform to established quality and schedules
• Monitors and controls risks to ensure timelines are met and project goals are attained
• Facilitates project team and client meetings for the resolution of project issues
• Provides project status reports to management
• Ensures success of projects by working closely with Procurement regarding vendor contracts
• Works closely with Procurement to clearly define and understand contracts, including language, scope, pre- and post-award, contract closure, basic legal aspects, and risk management
• Manages contracts’ quality assurance, including contract administration and execution
• Manages contract budget, cost control mechanisms and Change control
• Serves as primary point of contact for project management and related issues.
• Secures resources and ensures optimum utilization of those resources, meeting budgetary requirements
• Allocates project team assignments to ensure accountability, establishes a team environment, manages personnel changes, and executes the training plan
• Manages, executes, and communicates project plan, changes, direction, approach, and priorities based on changing business requirements, circumstances, new information and/or budget considerations to
• Establishes team objectives and assignments, reviews work products, and provides timely feedback to staff regarding performance; may provide input to team members’ performance appraisals
• Promotes team building and skills development of project team members
• Manages small, multiple projects, or portions of a larger project
• Identifies, communicates, escalates, and resolves project issues and risks to branch/division management
• Provides guidance to help team members and stakeholders
• Fosters relationships with staff, peers, and business unit
• Participates in contract management efforts, including contract development, monitoring and issue resolution
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Experience in progressively responsible administrative positions that demonstrate the ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities effectively
• Effective planning, organizational, and problem solving skills
• Experience working with all levels of employees, management, stakeholders, and vendors
• Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
• Demonstrated skill in exercising initiative, good judgment, and making sound and timely decisions
• Demonstrated skill achieving goals and objectives
• Proficiency with PCs and related software applications (word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and database applications)
Desired Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Advanced Degree in Business, Management, Economics, Finance, or related field
• Knowledge of Navy Federal’s, or other financial institutions’, operations
• Working knowledge of Navy Federal’s Project Portfolio Management (PPM) standards
• Extensive experience managing multi-disciplinary project lifecycles for financial institutions
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Location: All NFCU campuses
Remote Work Policy: Remote work is available for all positions contingent on business need and manager discretion
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.