Summer Associate Graduate Intern - ISD Innovation & Planning
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
- FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®
- Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
- FORTUNE® Best Workplaces for Millennials
- Forbes® America’s Best Employers
Our 2021 summer internship program will begin on May 2021 and last through August 2021.
****A requirement of this position is you must be currently enrolled in college graduate level courses or a degree-seeking program throughout the duration of the internship. You must also have a minimum 2.0 Grade Point Average. Please upload your transcripts by clicking the “Attach Cover Letter" button during your application.
Summer Associate Graduate Intern will work with the Innovation and Planning Team remotely.
Basic Purpose Innovation and Planning team is part of NFCU’s Information Services Department (ISD). The team focuses on market trends and emerging technologies to achieve the strategic goals of Navy Federal and conducts proof of concepts and pilot to prove the technologies are suitable for Navy Federal.
The team works with various business leaders in understanding the current issues, or problems that can be solved through innovative ways leveraging Fintech solutions, emerging technologies and solutions. The team follows a structured approach from ideation to proof of concept leveraging design thinking methodologies and journey mapping. The team is also planning to conduct innovation days, idea jams and hackathons in 2021.
Learn and update the current innovation design thinking processes and procedures.
- Identify gaps to automate
- Analyze current issues and problems through interviews with stakeholders
- Design new methods of innovation processes
- Gain support from the stakeholders and leadership
- Test the new methods using market research and trends, applicable for AI and Data analytics areas
- Support Innovation days, idea jams and hackathons leveraging newly developed processes and procedures
- Market analysis and research identifying emerging trends and technologies that are suitable for Navy Federal, especially in the field of AI and data analytics
- Conduct proof of concepts showing the business value of new technologies and solutions identified
- Present the business value to various business stakeholders and gain support to implement new technologies
- Administration of Innovation management functions
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-starter / self-directed
- Understanding of financial, retail and other industry trends
- Experience with business process definition and optimization
- Strong analytical skills with experience creating reports and analyses
- High level proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Experience and knowledge of market research in identifying right trends in financial industry
- Ability to think to holistically about problems and coming up with solutions
- Experience or knowledge in latest development trends
- Financial industry knowledge and experience
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm