DoD SkillBridge Associate (Project Manager)
Location: FL Pensacola
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
- FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®
- Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
- FORTUNE® Best Workplaces for Millennials
- Forbes® America’s Best Employers
DoD SkillBridge is an excellent opportunity as you transition out of the military and permits you to use up to the last 180 days of Service to work and learn with an industry partner. SkillBridge offers eligible Service Members currently approved to participate in the SkillBridge program the opportunity to gain first-hand experience and insight into Navy Federal's business, technology, resources and procedures by providing support in focused areas, applying knowledge and education.
Participate in a collaborative, team driven network and interact wtih multiple departments. Utilize and further develop technical and soft sills, business knowledge, analytical techniques and creative problem solving abilities. Provide professional execution of the day to day tasks and special projects while working within established standards, policies, and procedures.
Please note- This position is remote until further notice based on business need
The Project Manager plans, manages, and executes all aspects of life-cycle projects from inception through implementation. The Project Manager develops, project plans, and delivers solutions on schedule and within budget in support of service innovations and organizational and process changes/enhancements.
- Defines, develops and executes project plans, including scope definition, expectations, activities, cost estimates, and schedules
- Manages projects from concept through the planning, analysis, design, testing, implementation, and transition phases
- Directs and leads Project Teams by developing and coordinating work plans, schedules, milestones, deliverables, and training
- Identifies, communicates, and resolves branch/division/department areas of concern, or cross organizational that may impede or impact other projects/initiatives
- Oversees project progress to ensure project documentation and schedules are in compliance with previously agreed requirements and standards
- Identifies, escalates and/or resolves issues associated with project(s) ensuring deliverables conform to established quality and schedules
- Works closely with Procurement to clearly define and understand contracts, including language, scope, pre- and post-award, contract closure, basic legal aspects, and risk management
- Manages contracts’ budge, cost control, quality assurance, including contract administration and execution
- Secures resources and ensures optimum utilization of those resources, meeting budgetary requirements
- Allocates project team assignments to ensure accountability, establishes a team environment, manages personnel changes, and executes the training plan
- Manages, executes, and communicates project plan, changes, direction, approach, and priorities based on changing business requirements, circumstances, new information and/or budget considerations to stakeholders
- Establishes team objectives and assignments, reviews work products, and provides timely feedback to staff regarding performance; may provide input to team members’ performance appraisals
- Approved to partipate in the SkillBridge program with your military installation command, click here to learn more about the application process: https://dodskillbridge.usalearning.gov/how-to-apply.htm
- Strong organizing and planning skills; experience building and framing strategy for groups/organizations; ability to use MS Office programs for successful tracking, communication, and presentation of results
- Experience in progressively responsible administrative positions that demonstrate the ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities effectively
- Effective planning, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Experience working with all levels of employees, management, stakeholders, and vendors
- Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Demonstrated skill in exercising initiative, good judgment, and making sound and timely decisions
- Demonstrated skill achieving goals and objectives
- Proficiency with PCs and related software applications (word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and database applications)
Good to have:
- Advanced Degree in Business, Management, Economics, Finance, or related field
- Knowledge of Navy Federal’s, or other financial institutions’, operations
- Working knowledge of Navy Federal’s Project Portfolio Management (PPM) standards
- Extensive experience managing multi-disciplinary project lifecycles for financial institutions
- Experience with project management tools and tracking methods; Experience organizing and aligning groups with different skills and objectives into a cohesive plan a strong plus
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.