DoD SkillBridge Fellowship Associate (Vendor Management Specialist I/II/III- Remote)
Location: VA Vienna - Headquarters
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
- FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®
- Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
- FORTUNE® Best Workplaces for Millennials
- Forbes® America’s Best Employers
DoD SkillBridge is an excellent opportunity as you transition out of the military an permits you to use up to the last 180 days of Service to work and learn with an industry partner. SkillBridge offers eligible Service Members currently approved to participate in the SkillBridge program the opportunity to gain first-hand experience and insight into Navy Federal's business, technology, resources and procedures by providing support in focused areas, applying knowledge and education. Participate in a collaborative, team driven network and interact with multiple departments. Utilize and further develop technical and soft skills, business knowledge, analytical techniques and creative problem solving abilities. Provide professional execution of the day tasks and special projects while working within established standards, policies and procedures.
To manage relationships with vendors and business stakeholders. Assist with issue escalations and monitoring of vendor performance to ensure compliance with contracts and service level agreements. Identify opportunities to consolidate services for cost savings. Serve as subject matter expert for business functions, systems, policies and/or procedures.
Please note- This role is remote until further notice
- Drive vendor relationship improvement through data analysis, cross-functional collaboration, and project support
- Review contract terms and conditions, evaluate vendor performance, and make recommendations to management
- Support implementation, enforcement and continuous improvement of Vendor Management policies, procedures and guidelines
- Review and audit vendor documents to ensure compliance with applicable federal and state laws, rules, regulations, and NFCU policies and procedures
- Evaluate and interpret vendor documents to determine acceptability based on business unit needs and industry standards
- Collaborate with Internal Audit, Compliance, and business units to ensure periodic risk assessments are completed, documented, and recommendations implemented if necessary
- Interact with internal and external customers to resolve issues
- Ensure vendor relationships have metrics to evaluate performance and adherence to SLAs using surveys and scorecards
- Maintain records of qualified vendors for services within assigned area of responsibility; escalate vndor risk and compliance issues to the appropriate entity
- Serve as liaison between Vendor Management team and business units
- Resolve contractual and interpretive differences between venders and business units
- Research and evaluate vendors and recommend new vendor relationships
- Create procedural documentation and job aids
- Maintain knowledge of applicable federal and state laws, rules, regulations, and NFCU policies and procedures
- Research business unit requirements to escertain if vendor coverage is sufficient to meet production level requirements
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Approved to participate in the SkillBridge program with your military installaion command, click here to learn more about the application process:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Working knowledge of applicable federal and state laws, rules and regulations
- Experience in vendor management, contract management, risk management, audit and/or compliance
- Working knowledge of banking/financial industry trends, products and services
- Experience working with all levels of staff, management, stakeholders, vendors
- Experience managing multiple priorities independently and/or in a team environment to achieve goals
- Effective skill exercising initiative and using good judgement
- Effective research, analytics, and problem solving skills
- Effective skill maintaining accuracy, attention to detail, organizational and planning skills, deadline-driven
- Experience evaluating and examining policies, procedures, business documents, and IT Security
- Ability to work independently and in a team, collaborative, strong verbal and written skills
- Effective database, word processing, and spreadsheet software skils
- Desired- Workig knowledge of NFCU producs, services, programs and poicies
- Desired- Working knowledge of NFCU operating systems: Unifi, Lotus Notes, etc.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.