YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
To conduct recruit membership activities in a group/branch setting. Lead presentations regarding Navy Federal Credit Union membership; provide a full range of products and services offered by NFCU including depository accounts, lending products and credit/debit cards. Foster a positive and professional work environment – open, approachable, and genuine. May travel to other branches to provide operational support when required.
• Prepare and present comprehensive presentations to recruits during recruit training and their in-processing phase
• Prepare membership packets, collect and edit account information, open accounts, establish direct deposits, and process credit card applications and certificates
• Respond to inquiries regarding Navy Federal products, services, and membership eligibility
• Identify, resolve, and/or coordinate resolution of issues that occur during membership activities (e.g., automated systems and vendor supply problems)
• Support branch financial briefs and member acquisition events
• Perform platform banking functions – Moderately Complex/Varied
• Understand member needs, provide unparalleled quality service and respond quickly and accurately to member requests for information, follow up and problem solving - Considerable Impact
• Initiate fee adjustments and/or other monetary incentives for members within scope of authority
• Counsel current and prospective members about Navy Federal's products and services
• Ensure cash and other negotiable instruments are handled properly
• Identify patterns of activity indicating possible fraud or account abuse
• Understand and comply with federal and other regulations relating to financial products and services
• Maintain and communicate current knowledge of Navy Federal products/services, security updates, fraud alerts, policies, procedures, marketing initiatives, etc.
• Maintain team training programs and materials ensuring they are kept current
• Provide functional/operational support to the branch/division as business needs and workload dictates
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Effective skill making effective presentations to groups of various sizes
• Experience in creating and editing presentations using power point, audio visual or other type of presentation material and/or media
• Effective skill using appropriate cross servicing techniques and member engagement methods
• Effective research, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Advanced skill exercising initiative and using good judgment to make sound decisions
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills
• Advanced skill interacting tactfully and effectively in difficult situations
• Advanced skill maintaining composure in a high production and changing environment
• Advanced skill navigating multiple screens and PC applications and adapting to new technologies
• Desired - Associates Degree in Finance, Accounting, Communications, Business Administration or the equivalent combination of training, education, and experience
• Desired - Advanced knowledge banking/financial industry trends, products and services
• Desired - Experience in counseling members about financial accounts, products and services
• Desired - Advanced knowledge of accounting, credit, and/or lending principles and techniques
• Desired - Advanced knowledge of electronic and alternate delivery channels
• Desired - Advanced knowledge of consumer loan/credit card applications and services
Hours: Monday-Friday; 7:45AM-6:15PM
Location: MCPON Hall Bldg 1313, Great Lakes, IL 60088
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.