YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
A Solutions Architect, translates Navy Federal Credit Union business visions and strategies into IT and business capabilities by effectively architect, design and integrate Enterprise IT Systems.
1. Technical Leadership
• Collaborate with the Business units and technology stakeholders to provide technical solutions which meets business requirements.
• Continuously improve technical knowledge, gain proficiency for assigned applications, and guide project teams through design and architectural reviews.
• Continue to gain knowledge of industry standards, new innovations, and best practices applicable to assigned applications.
• Achieve architectural goals by building and maintain relationships with internal Navy Federal staff (IT and business) and external parties (vendors, etc.).
• Provides technical guidance and subject matter expertise to IT staff.
2. Architectural Deliverables/Responsibilities
• Collaborates with stakeholders and assist in building business requirements.
• Produce application architecture document based on business requirements and vendor’s integrations.
• Presents application architecture to Design review board (DRB) and obtain approvals from board members.
• Collaborates with Enterprise architectures to present new technologies to Architectural review board (ARB).
• Participates in technical discussions during product planning and execute entire product development lifecycle.
• Promotes enterprise standard guidelines, follow architectural standards, and maintain quality of application architectural documentation.
• Participates and provides guidance during project discovery phase and document technical decisions.
• Initiates project portfolio management requests by identifying technology improvements and documenting opportunities.
• Contributes to Rough Order of Magnitude estimates within the defined SLAs timeframe and assists with additional refined estimates.
• Promotes adherence to Navy Federal’s defined Project Management Framework and documentation requirements.
• Participates in vendor selection process by creating and/or validating vendor SOWs, RFPs, software evaluations and other activities.
• Experience with the Java/JEE application along with API integrations
• Proven experience in software design and Microservices architecture.
3. Architecture Governance
• Provides guidance and adhere to defined enterprise standards, application and architecture principles.
• Performs application design reviews of existing and new applications by considering performance, scalability, and business continuity.
• Approves design documentation produced by project team, conduct code review sessions, and provides feedback.
QUALIFICATIONS – KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Demonstrated ability to create system architecture diagrams and documentation for review by both technical and non-technical audiences
• Proactivity communicate application design and architectural with technical teams and vendors.
• Demonstrate skills in exercising initiative, good judgment, and making sound technical decisions
• Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to interact with all levels of management.
• Ability to break down complex application requirements and propose appropriate architectural solutions.
• Mentor, coach and influence architecture and design group discussions.
• A minimum of 5-6 yrs. of application architecture experience.
• Advanced degree in a related field
• Knowledge of The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) v9.
• Experience with other cloud architectural.
• Enterprise Java certification is plus.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180
5550 Heritage Oaks Drive, Pensacola, FL 32526
141 Security Drive, Winchester, VA 22602
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.